Jacobs Cincinnati serves the PharmaBio, Chemicals, Refining and Consumer Products Industries. Jacobs provides full-service engineering, procurement, construction management, commissioning and maintenance services for both new and existing facilities for projects of every scale. We support a facility's entire life cycle. Our core life sciences network has contributed to Jacobs becoming the world's largest provider of these services to pharmaceutical, biotechnology and consumer product clients. The Cincinnati office is established as one of the company's main centers of excellence for engineering/designing PharmaBio and Consumer Products facilities.
Internship positions at Jacobs provide college students an opportunity to gain real-world experience in a specific area of study. Working in a fast-paced, professional setting provides interns with invaluable experiences applying the knowledge and skills learned through education in a business environment while working alongside, and in support of, a group of world-class professionals in your chosen field of study.
- Performs work which involves conventional engineering practice
- Work requires a general knowledge of Engineering and general knowledge of practices of related specialties
- Prepares plan and detail P&ID drawings using manual and CAD methods
- Uses accepted formulas and manuals in making necessary computations to determine system and component sizes in simple process systems
- Works in close support with the design originator and may recommend minor design changes
- May make field surveys and measurements of existing installations
- Performs other duties as directed by supervisor
- Candidate must be currently enrolled as a junior or higher within an accredited Chemical Engineering program
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 or higher required
- Knowledge of AutoCAD, Work, Excel and Access preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, decision making capabilities, problem resolution skills, and a sense of initiative are important
- No relocation or temporary living assistance being offered
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.