Jacobs Cincinnati serves the PharmaBio, Chemicals, Refining and Consumer Products Industries. Jacobs provides full-service engineering, procurement, construction management, commissioning and maintenance services for both new and existing facilities for projects of every scale. We support a facility's entire life cycle. Our core life sciences network has contributed to Jacobs becoming the world's largest provider of these services to pharmaceutical, biotechnology and consumer product clients. The Cincinnati office is established as one of the company's main centers of excellence for engineering/designing PharmaBio and Consumer Products facilities.
Internship positions at Jacobs provide college students an opportunity to gain real-world experience in a specific area of study. Working in a fast-paced, professional setting provides interns with invaluable experiences applying the knowledge and skills learned through education in a business environment while working alongside, and in support of, a group of world-class professionals in your chosen field of study.
In this role the intern performs work which involves conventional design and engineering practice. Work requires a general knowledge of Mechanical Engineering and computer aided design and drafting concepts. The intern will prepare and detail drawings, research information related to process equipment and systems, assist lead level piping designers, engineers and interface with process and process equipment personnel. Works in close support with the design originator and may recommend minor design changes. May make field surveys and measurements of existing installations. Performs other duties as directed by supervisor
- At minimum the candidate should be enrolled in a technically related Associates degree program and preferably the candidate must be currently enrolled in an accredited Mechanical Engineering program and entering into their junior year or higher
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 or higher required
- Experience with AutoCAD, Microstation, MS Excel, Word, and Access, preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, decision making capabilities, problem resolution skills, and a sense of initiative are important for this internship
- No relocation or temporary living assistance being offered
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.