Jacobs Technology is looking for a highly-motivated, energetic self-starter to join the AOC WS Production Center Information Assurance (PCIA) Team on the Interim Sustainment Services (ISS) contract as a Security Engineer. This is a contract that provides a broad range of engineering support to the Air Force Life Cycle Management Center's (AFLCMC's) Air Operations Center (AOC) Weapon System program located at Hanscom AFB and their geographically separated unit at Langley AFB. The candidate should have experience with DoD related IA Certification & Accreditation (C&A) DIACAP and/or RMF processes and implementation of IA controls. The candidate should also have a working knowledge of DoD information security policies and private standards (e.g., EoD 8500-series, NIST, CNSS). Duties include but not limited to the following:
• Support security risk analysis, mitigation, evaluation, and reporting in support of both IA C&A processes and AOC WS Program Risk Management processes.
• Support the development of detailed security test plans for AOC WS Periodic Maintenance Update releases.
• Conduct vulnerability assessments using approved scanning tools (ACAS, NESSUS, SCAP, HBSS), manual inspections, and security posture/test data analysis.
• Make recommendations for fixes and/or mitigations to address findings.
• Support analysis of findings from AOC site conformance evaluation data or Command Cyber Readiness Inspections (CCRIs) submitted through help desk trouble tickets.
• Knowledge and use of vulnerability scanning tools (ACAS 4.8, NESSUS, SCAP, HBSS 4.6)
• Experience related to vulnerability notifications, identification, and implementation of IAVMs, TCNOs, STIGs, etc.
• Powershell scripting experience desired.
• Ability to Obtain IA Baseline Certification and CE/OS Certificate within 6 months of start per DoD 8570.01-M.
• CompTIA Security+ required
• CISSP preferred
BS degree and 10 years of experience; MS and 8 years of experience; or PhD and 3 years of experience required.
Candidates must be a U.S. Citizen and possess a current Secret clearance.
This position requires 25% travel.
Generally an office environment, but can involve inside or outside work depending on task.
Work may involve sitting for extended periods. May require lifting and carrying up to 25 lbs. Must have sufficient mobility to enter areas of manufacturing and military sites or facilities where necessary.
Equipment and Machines
Standard office equipment (PC, telephone, fax, etc.), and/or other industry-specific equipment.
Regular attendance in accordance with established work schedule is critical. Ability to work outside normal schedule and adjust schedule to meet peak periods and surge requirements when required.
Other Essential Functions
Must be able to work in a team atmosphere. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others. Must be able to travel when necessary to accommodate customer and program requirements.
The position for which you are applying requires a US government security clearance. This is to advise you, that should you be extended an offer, if you possess a dual citizenship (i.e., citizen of the US and another country), you may be required to relinquish your citizenship in the foreign country in order to be granted a clearance.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Jacobs does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by country, regional, or local law. To view the DOL's Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster, please click here .