The Buildings & Infrastructure (B&I) Line of Business is a global network of approximately 11,500 employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
Internship positions at Jacobs provide college students an opportunity to gain real-world experience in their specific area of study. Interns will work alongside world-class professionals in a fast-paced, professional setting which provides interns invaluable experiences applying the knowledge and skills learned through education in a business environment. Our Bellevue, WA office is seeking an intern student to work in our Water Group starting in the Fall of 2016.
- Work will be for the Seattle Area Water Group, focusing on pipeline conveyance and pumping projects within the Pacific Northwest. Work may include planning studies, design, or construction administration.
- Performs routine aspects of engineering, requiring knowledge and application of basic engineering principles under close supervision.
- Work is checked in process or upon completion. Tasks may be of a routine or repetitive nature.
- Performs a variety of duties for the water practice group:
- Collect and prepare data for evaluation.
- Analyze engineering problems and report solutions.
- Assist with production of design sketches and drawings.
- Aid in compiling bid packages for submission to client.
- Provide support to engineering staff members as needed.
- Candidate must be currently enrolled in at least their junior year within a Civil Engineering curriculum is required.
- Demonstrated interested in water/wastewater/storm water focused engineering is required.
- Working knowledge of MS Word and Excel is required.
- Knowledge of ArcGIS and/or AutoCAD is preferred.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Strong analytical, conceptual, communication and organizational skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively interface with all levels of personnel and management.
- Ability to work and thrive in a team environment.
- Ability to self-motivate and work productively without supervision.
- GPA of 3.0 or above
- Candidate must be local to the Seattle/Bellevue metro area as no relocation is provided and this internship is during the school year.
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.