The Buildings & Infrastructure (B&I) Line of Business is a global network of approximately 11,500 employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
Responsible for the quality of civil/ structural engineering work performed, client service, utilization of staff, marketing, reputation of the office, contract management, billing collection, and project profitability for civil engineering projects. Such projects include, but are not limited to land/site development, transportation, and public works.
- Uses advanced techniques to modify and extend civil engineering theories, precepts and practices.
- Plans and conducts work requiring independent evaluation, selection and substantial adaptation/ modification of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria.
- Independently resolves complex engineering problems.
- Conceptualizes the initial civil design approach for major phases of large land/site development, related projects, or has overall responsibility for the civil engineering work on an aforementioned type project of a larger scope.
- Plans, schedules, conducts or coordinates civil engineering work.
- Also, supervises the design and ongoing progress of a project, including the coordination of the project with City, State, and County officials, and other outside agencies.
- Resolves a variety of complex problems, (i.e. conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of conventional materials, difficult coordination requirements).
- Consults with supervisor on unusual problems and developments.
- Serves as a liaison between clients and agencies, subcontractors, and design teams.
- Reviews plans and prepares or reviews technical specifications, contract documents, and estimates.
- Participates in contract bidding and administration; observes project action on site.
- Leads, coordinates and reviews the work of less experienced engineers and/or technical support personnel assigned to the project.
- Performs other duties assigned by a Senior or Lead Engineer or Project Manager.
- BS in Civil Engineering is required
- EIT is required
- Minimum of 2-4 years' experience on site, grading, paving, drainage projects is required
- Minimum of 2-4 years' experience utilizing AutoCAD is required
- Continuing education in the field of civil engineering is required
- Demonstrated ability to utilize computer systems as a tool to effectively manage projects is required
- US Citizenship is required
- Experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D is preferred
- Secret level security clearance preferred, TS clearance highly preferred, TS/SCI with CI or full scope polygraph most highly preferred
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.