The Buildings & Infrastructure (B&I) Line of Business is a global network of approximately 11,500 employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
Join the Transportation Group in McDonough, GA as Survey Crew Chief.
• Frequent travel and extended time away from assigned home office.
• Prepares all data, charts, plots, maps, records, and documents related to surveys.
• Verifies the accuracy of all survey data for assigned project/location including measurements and calculations at survey sites. Performs boundary line analysis and calculations.
• Within the project team explains work requirements, methods and procedures; reviews work in progress, coordinates with others in Jacobs or the client organization in terms of project status, priorities, etc.
• Monitors equipment and troubleshoots problems that occur on a day to day basis with equipment and survey procedures.
• Performs surveying duties to layout, mark, execute or indicate the locations of infrastructures to be erected or removed during a construction phase or site project.
• Performs client relations and communications duties including keeping clients and project managers updated on the status of projects, and following up after project completion.
• Records the results of surveys including the shape, contour, location, elevation, and dimensions of land.
• Searches legal records, survey records and land title records to obtain information about property boundaries in areas to be surveyed.
• Provides training to project staff on equipment and procedures for each project.
• Coordinates findings of the work with engineering, architectural, survey personnel, clients, and others concerned with projects.
This position requires candidates to be local (Atlanta GA area) or must be willing to relocate.
• High school diploma or GED is required
• Four + years of progressively responsible experience in survey field is required
• Knowledge of: Survey, field and office procedures, survey boundary law and calculations.
State and federal regulations related to surveying; standard arithmetic, including percentages and decimals and calculating area, volume, weight and related mathematical functions required.
• Utility designation and/or laser scanning experience is preferred.
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.