Operators will use a PC based workstation to provide basic telephone directory services; some of the standard duties will include personnel lookup via computer phonebook and transfer of incoming calls. Serving as a single source for incoming call information, the ideal candidate will use the tools available to quickly look up or determine the correct call placement with limited information.
- Job requirements include the ability to communicate with customers speaking clearly, professionally, and in an audible tone.
- Candidates must be able to deal calmly with difficult situations in a high paced/high pressure environment.
- Other responsibilities will include monitoring live video cameras, and various alarm systems to ensure uninterrupted service of those systems, and data entry.
- Prior experience working in a dispatch center considered a plus.
- Additional duties include monitoring radio traffic, and dispatching Emergency Services if required.
- The ability to work at a multi-screen, multi-keyboard terminal is required. The OSC operates 365 days / 24 hours and shift work is mandatory.
- Potential candidates will work one of three shifts based upon work requirements: Day, Swing and Midnight.
- Candidates should have 2 - 5 years of work experience in a customer service role, call center experience is preferred.
- Good listening skills, excellent customer service and verbal/written communications skills are required.
- Requires two (2) years of college with courses in business administration, computer science, or industrial management, and three (3) years progressive experience, or any equivalent combination of relevant education and experience.
- Incumbent must have good oral and written communication skills, and working familiarity with remote terminal equipment.
- Additional desirable requirements include familiarity with company procedures and organizational framework.