JACOBS is one of the world's largest and most diverse providers of technical and management services. We offer a full-spectrum of consultancy support to commercial, government and industrial clients across many sectors.
Jacobs has an enviable reputation in the UK transport consultancy sector as a result of a portfolio of high profile projects. Within our UK Transport Consultancy Business we have an opportunity for an experienced Technical Director to help grow and develop our business in The Midlands. The candidate would join a national business of 275 people which has recently been enhanced in 2013 by our integration with SKM Colin Buchanan and more recently in 2016 Leigh Fisher.
Our business model is based around securing and developing long term relationships and frameworks with our predominately public sector client base which at a national level includes the DfT, NTA, NRA, Welsh Government, Highways England and Network Rail.
Our Local Government client base is extensive and includes long term framework agreements with West Midlands Combined Authority / Transport for West Midlands, Birmingham City Council, West Midlands Highways Alliance, Leicestershire, Transport for London, Transport for Greater Manchester, South Yorkshire PTE / City Region, West Yorkshire Combined Authority, Essex, Lancashire, Cheshire East and Buckinghamshire.
The successful person will become part of a respected and ambitious company with excellent career prospects and international opportunities. Primary Job Responsibilities
• Support business growth for modelling and associated transport planning;
• Responsible for the modelling commissions;
• Support for team management and growth;
• Support the delivery of key aspects of the office business plan and supporting metrics;
• Support development of current portfolio of long term frameworks;
• Project Manager for a diverse range of Transport Modelling projects. Essential:
- Experience in modelling and recognised market leadership including SATURN, VISUM, EMME or CUBE
- Experience and proven track record within the Public Sector in the Midlands area including Local Authorities, Highways England, TfWM, BCC
- Experience and proven track record of delivering high profile and diverse modelling and transport planning commissions for public sector clients
- Experience and proven track record of delivery against challenging business plan and growth aspirations
- Experience of supporting development of a medium to large transport planning team.
- Expert Witness Experience
- PRINCE2 Accredited
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunities Employer who is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all.