The position has two primary responsibilities:
Acting as Design Safety Lead for Projects, including leading the following:
- Potent material containment studies;
- ATEX Hazardous area assessments and Explosion Protection Document (EPD) generation,
- Occupied Facility Assessments (OFA) and HASAP's;
- DHSE Plan;
- SEVESO, Industrial Emissions Directive (IED) licence applications;
- HAZOP's, SWIFT's, SIL and other Safety reviews;
- Emissions abatement and Effluent treatment system design;
- Ergonomic reviews;
- Design Safety Concern register resolution;
- Relevant personnel training.
Acting as PSDP for projects with responsibility for development/coordination of:
- Preliminary Safety and Health Plan;
- Design Risk Assessments (DRA's);
- Temporary & Permanent Work Design Certs;
- Safety File.
The required qualifications and attributes are:
- Relevant work experience, post-3rd level education.
- Engineering or Science based Degree, preferably Process, biotechnology or mechanical.
- Pharmaceutical project design experience.
- Formal Design Safety experience and training.
Location is preferably based in Dublin, but the Cork office will also be considered.