Jacobs Technology, Inc.'s TEIMS Group, is a premier provider of process-based systems and software engineering products and services. We focus on innovative solutions for our customers at the Department of Defense (DoD) and other Government organizations.
In our Ridgecrest, CA office, we have two openings for Procurement Specialists. These positions support all of the Combat Environment Simulation (CES) areas of interest such as the operations of the Adaptive Combat Environment Systems (ACES) organization and the Tactical Training Ranges (TTRs). Accomplish material and equipment procurement and general office administration tasks and financial analysts task such as tracking of customer project funding in support of ACES and DoD TTR operations and Test and Evaluation Ranges operations. Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
Education and Experience:
- Maintain CES III contract files such as project Task Order procurement files by purchase order/action.
- Perform individual and assist with procurement specialist tasks such as obtaining needed information to complete the procurement of materials and equipment in accordance with FAR and Jacobs procurement procedure requirements.
- Assist with CES III Task Orders procurement status management.
- Exercise personal initiative and demonstrate ingenuity in handling ACES support tasks.
- Document problems/issues encountered during task execution and proposed solutions process improvements.
- Review CES subcontract invoice tracking logs and perform audits of CES III subcontract files.
- Assist fellow ACES Team members in the performance of their tasks as required satisfying project requirements.
- Assist scientific/engineering/technical personnel on-site or visiting CES facilities as required.
- Create, maintain, and distribute customized customer reports, as needed, to facilitate complex procurement/project plans.
- Work with corporate and local teams for continual process improvement.
- Provide direction, guidance, and training to administrative support personnel as pertains to the procurement process.
- Support Jacobs Beyond Zero safety initiatives.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- High school diploma with two years of college courses in business admin, financial management or appropriate discipline.
Essential FunctionsWork Environment:
- Possess knowledge of, developed skills, and experience in tasks required to accomplish US government materials and equipment procurements in accordance with Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR).
Possess knowledge of, develop skills and experience in tasks required to accomplish analysis of project financials such as tracking and reporting funds available, balances remaining, and expenses incurred.
Demonstrate independent personal discretion and judgment daily relative to the design and development of tools (Excel) required for tracking and analyzing project expenses and trends for individual projects and Task Orders in order to predict when funding ceilings will be reached and total funding will be expended.
Possess MS Office software applications knowledge, skills, and demonstrated experience with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Demonstrate flexibility, persistence, and patience in accommodating the complications caused by the lack of data and information.
Working at a computer or desk (Considerations: sitting, eyes, hands). May involve long periods of sitting or standing depending on current tasking. Physical Requirements:
Sedentary - involves sitting most of the time but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time. Exerts up 10 lbs. of force to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.Equipment and Machines:
Personal computer, scanner, copy machine, telephone, laser printer, fax machine, and other office equipment including desk supplies.
With the exception of STD/LTD/FMLA & approved time off, attendance is considered essential. Must be able to work within the shift hours of 0800 and 1700.Other Essential Functions: Must be able to secure a security clearance. Must pass drug testing. Must be able to read and write effectively in English. Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner to get along with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
Must perform work activities requiring interaction, negotiating, instructing, supervising, persuading or speaking with others.
Travel requirements - Must be capable of traveling throughout the US.
Must be able to work under supervision and respond appropriately and professionally to criticism from a supervisor.