ABB provides industry leading software and deep domain expertise to help the world's most asset intensive industries such as energy, utilities and mining solve their biggest challenges, from plant level, regional network scale, to global fleet-wide operations. At ABB, it's the people that matter most - to us and our customers. Which is why we're always looking to add more talent to our team. Knowledge is critical. Drive is essential. Creativity is the key. Currently we are looking for a candidate to work in our Enterprise Software Research and Development Center in Krakow. If you are a Security Architect experienced with cloud environment willing to develop in an international company, then this is an opportunity for you!
ABB Enterprise Software is looking for a Senior Cloud Security Architect with solid hands on technical expertise, great communication and collaboration skills. This individual recognizes the importance of individual and group efforts delivering high quality products and solutions, while demonstrating the willingness to learn our customer's business. This person will craft secure solutions that ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of our customers applications and data in private, public, and hybrid cloud based environments.
The role is accountable for the following activities:
• Develop and document a standards compliant cloud security framework that can be applied to secure architecture reference models across multiple software products / development teams in distinct geopolitical regions;
• Troubleshoot development and deployment security issues for internal and customer facing cloud environments;
• Design and Deliver dashboard security metric solutions to provide a window to operational status for senior leadership;
• Continuously improve, document, and train development teams on the secure deployment tool chain in SaaS and associated processes, moving towards more automation and shorter turn-around times;
• Work across multiple development teams to implement and train developers and deployment engineers on how to effectively architect cloud based software solutions to meet the needs of customer requirements spanning globally;
• Coach development teams on secure software and hardware configuration management and secure test automation strategies associated with cloud based solutions;
• Communicate directly with customers to help them understand secure SaaS software environments and the benefits they provide to traditional deployment models.
• 3+ years of security work experience in an engineering or development discipline;
• One or more Security and/or Cloud certifications from Industry leader OEM's such as CompTIA Cloud+, Azure, AWS, Cloud Security Alliance / CCSK, ISC2 CCSP, GIAC;
• Experience in enterprise governance, risk, and compliance programs or driving the program's evolution to meet new requirements;
• Experience designing solutions and advising customers on architectures meeting industry standards such as NERC CIP, PCI DSS, ISO xxxxxxx, FISMA, and NIST/DoD frameworks;
• Practical real-world security experience as part of a SaaS team to include working knowledge of cloud computing technologies and workload transition challenges from a cyber security perspective;
• Experience with virtualization and configuration of IaaS, PaaS and SaaS environments and associated software development environments using Microsoft Azure and/or AWS;
• Implementation experience with commercial security solutions such as web application firewalls, IDS/IPS, SIEM, DLP, DDOS mitigation;
• Passion for and ability to work with software development and deployment teams releasing production-ready software on a daily basis;
• Creativity to find innovative and realistic solutions to complex challenges, and an eagerness to learn about new technologies and to devise tools or tricks to get the job done;
• Strong problem solving & troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment;
• Excellent communication and technical writing skills (in English) to explain and document your ideas/plans and present them effectively to senior management for approval.