ABB is currently developing the IS PMO Organization to consolidate and deliver high quality IS services to ABB business units around the globe and focus more of our attention to innovation and development. Joining the ABB IS PMO Organization, you will have the opportunity to work in a high-paced, international environment, solve complex problems and grow together with the rapidly developing business. To build our Project Management capability, we are looking for candidates for the positions of IS Project Portfolio Planners for our growing global team.
The core responsibility of you as Project Portfolio Planner in Information Systems (IS) is Portfolio Planning and Reporting of IS projects. As part of that, you are the link between Demand Management and Project Execution, and in your role you assure that projects are well planned. For that, you will closely cooperate with Business Engagement Managers as well as with Department Managers for PM Pools, Workforce Managers and Operational IS PMOs to ensure IS Project planning, resource forecast, portfolio risk reporting and financial forecasting.
As a IS Project Portfolio Planner, you will:
• Develop portfolio plans based on incoming projects request;
• Plan projects on high-level, in a portfolio context of 100+ small and large projects;
• Maintain the project portfolio roadmap;
• Ensure dependency checks within the portfolio and solving of related risks and issues;
• Support and facilitate project prioritization process;
• Coordinate IS project budgeting during budgeting period;
• Identify suitable IS Project Managers, pre-assign them and assign them to projects after confirmation;
• Forecast resource needs to workforce managers and resource pools;
• Drive improvement actions or escalations towards major stakeholders, e.g. Sponsors, Project Managers and Project Management Organization;
• Ensure periodical IS project portfolio reporting towards key portfolio stakeholders;
• Monitor progress (comparison of plan to actual and forecast);
• Support controlling of IS projects; drive actions & decisions where cost variances appear;
• Identify potential synergies within portfolios and raise to stakeholders.
To be successful in your role, you
• are able to judge from a strategic - overall - point-of-view;
• have a broad experience in Portfolio Management & planning;
• have a strong knowledge of financial planning and budgeting of IS projects;
• be able to work with virtual teams in the international environment;
• have very good skills in communication, negotiation, solving complex problems and conflict resolution;
• are an analytical, critical and rational thinking person, with very good judgement and decision making skills.
In addition, you have
• a good understanding of business context, and you are able to judge and decide from a business perspective;
• good knowledge of Risk Management and are able to act upon risks;
• have the confidence and ability to make independent decisions;
• technical background in working with Project Portfolio Management (PPM) and resource management systems;
• PMP or PRINCE2 certification or equivalent.