Based in San Francisco, Pacific Gas and Electric Company, a subsidiary of PG&E Corporation (NYSE:PCG), is one of the largest combined natural gas and electric utilities in the United States. And we deliver some of the nation's cleanest energy to our customers in Northern and Central California. For PG&E, "Together, Building a Better California" is not just a slogan. It's the very core of our mission and the scale by which we measure our success. We know that the nearly 16 million people who do business with our company count on our more than 24,000 employees for far more than the delivery of utility services. They, along with every citizen of the state we call home, also expect PG&E to help improve their quality of life, the economic vitality of their communities, and the prospect for a better future fueled by clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy.
Pacific Gas and Electric Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability status, medical condition, protected veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information or any other factor that is not related to the job.
The Sourcing organization is the functional lead for the procurement of materials and services at Pacific Gas and Electric Company. The department collaborates with internal clients and suppliers managing $5 billion of annual company spend to develop mutually beneficial total cost solutions for goods and services. The department provides the following services to internal clients: procurement of goods and services, strategic sourcing and cost savings, contract management, supplier relationship management, supplier diversity planning, execution and outreach, compliance management, ongoing procurement field support and management of the procure to pay cycle.
We are seeking a Sourcing Portfolio Manager for Gas Distribution Services. This position is located in San Ramon, CA and will report to the Gas T&D Sourcing Director. This is a leadership position in PG&E's Supply Chain organization and will interact mainly with the Gas Operations lines of business and manage a $300+ million portfolio including pipeline integrity, gas valve automation and replacement, gas compressor station maintenance, construction, emissions reduction, gas storage, gas distribution pipeline construction and maintenance, records verification and public safety activities.
- Bachelor's degree in business, supply chain management or related field or equivalent work experience
- 8 years of strategic sourcing or related industry experience
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams by understanding diverse stakeholder interests, adapting strategy, and influencing customers and business partners
- Ability to identify and resolve problems and implementation barriers
- Ability to plan, execute, monitor, and report the status of a cross-functional project and team from start to finish
- Understanding the steps of the strategic sourcing process and be able to effectively implement strategic sourcing initiatives through face-based negotiations with suppliers to achieve the best results for PG&E
- Ability to work with suppliers to ensure compliance to requirements, quality and delivery performance, and to develop and continuously improve capabilities and service
- Ability to develop, execute, and manage a strategy for sourcing a commodity or group of related products or services
- Demonstrated skill in using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Advanced level in communicating and presenting business cases to officers and ability to manage expectations at the executive level
- Advanced level in developing strategy needed to support the company and department vision and ability to translate strategies into plans that others can comprehend and implement - MBA
- Six Sigma, CPSM, or other supply chain related business certification
- Project management or utility experience
- Portfolio and category management experience
- SAP/SRM proficiency
- PORTFOLIO STRATEGY MANAGEMENT AND STRATEGIC SOURCING: Oversee contract spend across multiple spend categories; develop strategic portfolio and category plans to generate cost savings, deliver service excellence, and optimize diversity spending and total cost of ownership for key lines of business; develop short and long term strategies for all spend categories within portfolio; lead complex cross-functional teams in the execution of strategic sourcing initiatives; lead development and execution of negotiation strategies; and manage spend analysis, needs assessment, benchmarking and business case development
- PORTFOLIO LEADERSHIP AND SOURCING OPERATIONS: Manage and supervise a portfolio team of 4 sourcing professionals including two category leads and two procurement specialists to drive high performance and productivity; ensure the overall governance of the contract approval process from contract creation through contract award; and approve purchase orders and contracts from $500,000 to $10 million
- CLIENT RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT: Monitor and maximize customer satisfaction using standardized client service level agreements; work with client subject matter specialists and managers to assess business requirements and develop strategic plans for ongoing client sourcing needs; and facilitate quarterly business review meetings with clients and key suppliers
- SUPPLIER RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT: Manage continuous improvement-based relationships that deliver mutually beneficial results for PG&E and its suppliers; establish service level agreements to hold suppliers accountable for performance; review performance data with top tier suppliers; and work with suppliers to implement continuous cost and quality improvements
- PERSONNEL DEVELOPMENT: Mentor team members to develop decision making skills and strategic sourcing and contract management knowledge; implement performance management program and developmental plans; and conduct formal quarterly feedback sessions.