PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Specialist , Business Development is responsible for providing administrative and technical support to promote the expansion of Constellation's energy efficiency business into new markets and customers. This role is also the primary liaison and point of contact for all Sales related tactical issues pertaining to the energy efficiency sales process cycle surrounding other functional groups such as EPC, Structuring, Credit, Contracts, Risk, Operations, and Accounting. PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Provide data support to energy efficiency professionals.
- Identify and respond to RFPs.
- Owns accuracy and integrity of customer data in CRM. Maintains data accuracy on any changes in customer data (ownership changes for example).
- Direct Liaison with Document Development for all RFI/RFPs.
- Primary liaison between Sales and other functional groups. Solves problems that arise in any segment of the sales pipeline from suspect identification through invoicing including Credit, Contracts, Legal and other issues.
- Create Sales reports and proposals as requested by Sales reps.
- Manage Weekly sales reporting.
- Direct liaison with retail energy team inbound leads and inquiries.
Qualifications: POSITION SPECIFICATIONS
- Required: Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Economics, Mathematics, Engineering, or a related discipline;
- Required 5 to 7 years of business experience, preferably in marketing or communications and in the wholesale or retail energy industry
- Knowledge of the energy industry
- Proficient knowledge of sales, operations and related business practices
- Highly proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, email, and the Internet; has modeling skills
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills to function in a team environment and to maintain rapport with employees and customers.
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail, problem-solving, and independent decision-making.
- Ability to effectively build and maintain relationships with internal customers
- Flexibility on the job and the ability to work under multiple, daily deadlines.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or government regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and e-mails.
- Ability to manage several different tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all information at all times