A consultative, financially oriented, solution based business development role focused on originating new energy efficiency / sustainability business opportunities within a defined geographic territory and associated vertical market(s). Organic revenue creation by securing and delivering signed project implementation contacts.
Engages with prospects, to articulate and position the overall value associated with an Integrated Energy Initiative, aggressively qualifying both the opportunity and prospect. Develops and implements product and market specific sales strategies and tactics focused on securing organic business by leveraging existing relationships in conjunction with direct and indirect prospecting / business development activities. Facilitates customer meetings and can clearly articulate and deliver Constellation Energy's value proposition.
Possesses a thorough understanding and working knowledge of supply and demand side energy economics, the ESCO industry, public/private sector enabling legislation, procurement and contracting procedures. Demonstrated ability to manage all aspects associated with an extended sales cycle.
Shares passion for developing renewable energy and sustainable customer solutions and can articulate the associated financial, technical and environmental value. Maintains an entrepreneurial mindset and spirit necessary to cultivate and develop sustainable business in an ever evolving and highly competitive business environment.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Secures and delivers signed project implementation contacts to achieve annual sales quota.
- Documented history of delivering project implementation contracts in excess of $10M.
- Builds and maintains a sustainable opportunity pipeline of qualified opportunities aligning with annual sales quota.
- Creates and maintains business relationships with target prospects and key decision makers.
- Effectively presents and positions Constellation's Value Proposition.
- Engages in the proactive creation of new business opportunities.
- Aggressive and sustained prospecting activities focused on identifying new business opportunities.
- Facilitates customer meetings and presentations.
- Ability to maintain visibility and momentum throughout a long sales cycle.
- Employing a consultative sales approach to identify business challenges, goals and driving forces impacting target prospects.
- Applying conceptual selling skills to creatively establish and articulate a clear project vision and solution focused on addressing a business issue or challenge.
- Aggressively qualifies all potential prospects and opportunities.
- Prudent utilization of all internal resources.
- Serves as the primary customer interface throughout the sales process.
- Ongoing development and successful execution of a territory business origination plan.
- Strategic participation in key trade shows, conferences, seminars and trade associations.
- Develop a reputation as the Energy Expert within your given market.
- Accurate forecasting of signed implementation contracts.
- Timely submission of all required sales reports and associated metrics.
- Maintain an ongoing knowledge of the energy industry, renewable and sustainability market, legislation, trends and emerging technologies.
- Participate in all Company sponsored training and meetings.
- Travel as required
- Other duties as assigned
- Documented experience within the Energy Efficiency Industry as an originator of new business opportunities in the governmental / quazi governmental markets.
- Strong governmental contact base combined with the ability to develop, maintain and leverage networks and relationships.
- Possess conceptual selling skills and strong financial acumen.
- Territory management the ability to effectively manage and develop a large sales territory.
- Refined prospecting and qualification skills
- Experience with managing sales cycles in excess of twelve (12) months.
- A first hand, working knowledge of related markets and potential customers.
- Demonstrated successes in originating and closing complex transactions.
- Proficiency in making C-suite and industry conference presentations.
- Track record of developing and retaining long term business relationships.
- Aptitude and business acumen to successfully perform contract negotiations and close sales.
- Demonstrated ability to qualify prospective sales opportunities in line with quota and goals.
- Excellent computer, written and oral communication skills.
- Superior interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and not requiring daily direction.
- Ability to work effectively in a diverse work group.
- A Bachelors degree from an accredited university or college in Business Administration, Finance, Marketing or a related technical discipline.
- A minimum of 7 years of experience as a front line originator focused on solutions based originations / sales.
- Thorough understanding and working knowledge of supply and demand side energy economics and solutions.