Based in San Francisco, Pacific Gas and Electric Company, a subsidiary of PG&E Corporation (NYSE:PCG), is one of the largest combined natural gas and electric utilities in the United States. And we deliver some of the nation's cleanest energy to our customers in Northern and Central California. For PG&E, "Together, Building a Better California" is not just a slogan. It's the very core of our mission and the scale by which we measure our success. We know that the nearly 16 million people who do business with our company count on our more than 24,000 employees for far more than the delivery of utility services. They, along with every citizen of the state we call home, also expect PG&E to help improve their quality of life, the economic vitality of their communities, and the prospect for a better future fueled by clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy.
Pacific Gas and Electric Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability status, medical condition, protected veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information or any other factor that is not related to the job.
Information Systems Technology Services is a unified organization comprised of various departments which collaborate effectively in order to deliver high quality technology solutions.
The SmartMeter Operations Center (SM OC) is a part of Information Technology and is responsible for performing Operations & Maintenance of the SmartMeter™ systems. This includes regular scheduling, monitoring and maintenance work, incident resolution, and ensuring continuous improvement of processes and applications. The SM OC group works closely with Customer Care groups on selected business processes. And with various IT & third party groups to coordinate bug fixes, manage incidents, support project delivery, and complete maintenance activities.
The Career IT Application Operations Analyst conducts basic and intermediate tasks under direction of a more senior Application Operations Analyst. Adheres to Work Instructions and/or processes as defined in Run Books and Playbooks. Applies technical skills to resolve application and data related problems of well-defined scope as specified by procedural guidelines or under direction of a more senior Application Operations Analyst. Escalates to more experienced resources on unusual or more difficult problems. Fields a broader range of assignments and may be asked or to develop solutions. Individuals may begin to be responsible for scoping work. Follows existing Application Development Frameworks, Coding Guidelines and Database Standards when developing.
• BA/BS in Computer Science, Business, or equivalent work experience
• Typically requires minimum 3 years of programming analysis experience
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
• Excellent analytical, problem-solving and technical troubleshooting skills
• Experience in supporting applications on UNIX and Oracle platforms
• Proficiency in Oracle SQL/PL SQL or other relational database system for large scale data management and analytics
• Solid understanding of TCP/IP Networking, specifically in the area of Network device to Enterprise Application communications.
• Experience in UNIX shell scripting.
• Experience in supporting Weblogic applications is desired.
• Has intermediate to advanced knowledge of key PG&E applications, processes, and the technologies in use.
• Is able to work and communicate across multiple departments and software vendors
• Is able to work independently and as part of a team
• Analyzes existing SmartMeter application interfaces and tools, prepares logical models and procedures, creates SQL code and scheduling scripts, and tests/debugs the application interfaces and tools.
• Diagnoses, isolates and corrects data and performance faults in the systems involved.
• Prepares and obtains approval of system and development documentation.
• Executes planned and ad-hoc corrective maintenance to sustain continuous system operations.
• Analyze, evaluate, debug and diagnose bugs, incidents and exceptions in existing SmartMeter applications, interfaces, processes, and procedures.
• Identify and correct any discrepancies in the data collected, reported and processed in the SmartMeter systems.
• Interacts with users, business stakeholders and team members, typically discussing and reporting progress of requests and individual incidents.
• Executes quality control tasks as directed.
• Develops conversion and tool implementation plans.
• Assist in the definition, development, and documentation of SmartMeter systems' business requirements, objectives, deliverables, and specifications on a project-by-project basis in collaboration with internal users and departments.
• Proposes enhancements to procedures, processes and tools based on experiences with current methods.
• Provide timely, professional, straight forward (non-technical) communications
• Provide oversight for the 24 hour clock packages processing to ensure timely bill delivery as agreed to with Meter to Cash Customer Care organization metrics and service level agreements.
• Provide back up support and recommendations for failed processing related to the 24 hour clock packages to be processed timely to ensure customer web presentment and bill print of accurate usage file data • May also interact with suppliers and contractors when warranted and if permitted.
• Safely maintain and operate systems, tools and equipment within the center that provide services associated with PG&E's SmartMeter™ Operations Center.
• Provide operations support as assigned in monitoring, scheduling, analyzing, diagnosing and resolving problems.
• Communicate all issues, incidents, exceptions, problems, changes, outages, maintenance, root cause findings etc. in accordance with established policies, procedures and guidelines.