Based in San Francisco, Pacific Gas and Electric Company, a subsidiary of PG&E Corporation (NYSE:PCG), is one of the largest combined natural gas and electric utilities in the United States. And we deliver some of the nation's cleanest energy to our customers in Northern and Central California. For PG&E, "Together, Building a Better California" is not just a slogan. It's the very core of our mission and the scale by which we measure our success. We know that the nearly 16 million people who do business with our company count on our more than 24,000 employees for far more than the delivery of utility services. They, along with every citizen of the state we call home, also expect PG&E to help improve their quality of life, the economic vitality of their communities, and the prospect for a better future fueled by clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy.
Pacific Gas and Electric Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability status, medical condition, protected veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information or any other factor that is not related to the job.
PG&E's Information Technology (IT) organization is comprised of various unified departments which collaborate effectively in order to deliver high quality technology solutions.
The Enterprise Mobility Center of Excellence (SMARTworks) is a new enterprise team that is responsible for working collaboratively with the lines of business (e.g., Gas Operations, Electric Operations, etc.) to implement consumer grade mobile solutions across various user groups (e.g., field users, office workers, etc.). This includes, but is not limited to:
• Deploying best-in-class / rapid delivery capability for mobile solutions
• Simplifying, improving, and standardizing business work management processes for mobile needs
SMARTworks consists of a staff of highly skilled professionals working together to produce mobile solutions following an agile methodology. We are a "start-up" department within IT and building a team of driven and creative mobile developers. We take the time to understand our partners' needs and translate those into solutions that delight our users. Our goal is to deliver products with intuitive user experience that will improve PG&E employees' safety, productivity and overall well-being.
As an agile coach you are able to nurture an Agile culture in the organization, coach all members of the organization on Agile values and principles, and provide role-specific coaching for Scrum team members. You play a leading role in recruiting for key Agile roles (e.g., Scrum Master). You engage with senior leadership to identify impediments, cross-team issues, and improvement initiatives. You must have extensive hands-on experience in Agile coaching and be comfortable coaching senior leadership.
What you will get
• The opportunity to contribute, in the earliest stages, a best in class digital organization that ships real products to real users every week
• Extreme management support for your development and your day to day success
• Autonomy to make decisions in a rapidly growing team
• Best in class perks and benefits
• Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science in related field or equivalent work experience
• 7+ years of related work experience
• Experience as a Product Owner, Scrum master, or Agile Coach of an agile development team
• Experience working with a custom mobile application development team or mobile platform development team
• Able to advise teams on Agile best practices
• Deep toolkit of lean and agile workshops and technique
• 5+ years' experience mentoring/ coaching Agile practitioners
• Has experience in "Agile at Scale"
• Has led 2-3 large scale Agile transformations across orgs and enabled shift to Agile culture
• Provided role-based coaching for executives and leadership
• Ability to identify, present, sell, and implement initiatives
• Identifies and anticipates org-wide issues and own their resolution (e.g., lack of cross-functional skills)
• Engaging presenter, capable of facilitating workshops with large, vocal groups (20+)
• Inspires and motivates teams to become high-performing
• Exemplifies a servant leadership style, and role model situations and behaviors for their teams
• Not afraid to go outside comfort zone and take difficult conversations to provide feedback to the team
• Understands team motivations to inspire and improve throughput
• Influences senior business and IT leaders to drive change through range of tactics (e.g., logic, inference, values)
• Believes in a non-hierarchical culture of collaboration, transparency, and trust across the team
• Directly manages the professional development and growth of Scrum Masters
• Recruits and on-boards critical Agile roles • Coaches multiple teams simultaneously by directly observing sprint activities (e.g., sprint planning), providing role based training, and helping raise and solve organizational impediments)
• Builds coaching skills in mature Product Owners, Scrum Masters, and Architects (coaches the coaches)
• Performs periodic "process checks" of Sprint activities (e.g., sprint retrospectives)
• Coaches through the leadership triangle (e.g., Engineering practices for the Architect, facilitation and servant leadership for a Scrum Master)
• Identifies and raises recurring/widely observed issues and bottlenecks to the leaders and partners to solve
• Provides input for (and potentially leads structuring of) Agile at Scale community across PG&E
• Builds and maintains a repository of integrated CI and Agile templates and training materials
• Directly responsible for coaching senior leadership on removing organizational impediments through a leadership backlog