Are you looking for an exciting opportunity in a growing industry? Then take a closer look at Vestas. As Vestas grows into new markets, we are looking for strong leaders to help manage new opportunities. Vestas looks to accelerate innovation through the development of our employee's skills and talents.
Sales & Forecasting Analyst
Vestas American Wind Technology, Inc. - Sales - US & Canada
The Sales & Forecasting Analyst provides insight into results, trends, and opportunities related to parts sales & services by developing and executing scheduled and ad-hoc reporting, dashboards, updates, and analyses to support the objectives of the team and other departments within Service. This role also assists in the development and ongoing execution of the Parts pricing strategy and Aftermarket parts forecasting process for construction materials to be sold/consumed in the North American market.
- Use data from SAP, financial reporting, CRM, and other sources to perform detailed analyses of parts sales, forecasting, and operational performance.
- Create and deliver regular team reporting at an aggregate, customer, and site level as required.
- Work with team management and global stakeholders to refine and execute parts pricing, including regular reviews of transfer pricing and sourcing costs, customer feedback and other market/competitive intelligence, to maximize parts revenue and achieve target contribution margin results.
- Analyze parts inventory and makes recommendations to drive reductions or otherwise optimize as desired.
- Use a data-driven approach to assist in the proposal development process for relevant aspects of Service agreements and commercial solicitations.
- Responsible as system expert and primary contact for SAP transactions in the material management module, Master Data and Supply Chain processes.
- Work with SAP Competency Center on finding system solutions and enhancing existing solutions. Work with Master Data Management Team in Denmark on material number creation and Master Data changes.
- Develop and utilize a broad understanding of spare parts utilized across multiple wind turbine technology types/brands to evaluate forecast input and make recommendations and updates as a result.
- Act as single point of contact for forecasting activities.
- Work with Service Sales and other Service stakeholders, Supply Chain, and Global Service to perform regular forecasting for Aftermarket Parts demand, providing recommendations to improve forecast accuracy.
- Participate in signoff on forecast with Global S&OP (Sales and Operations Planning) team.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science or equivalent experience preferred.
- 3 or more years' experience is preferred in one or more of the following areas: data analysis, forecasting/planning; sales analysis, inventory management; technical sales, customer service/order administration.
- High skill level with ERP system and SAP BI experience.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, including very strong capabilities with Microsoft Excel software.
- Fundamental knowledge of data visualization tools such as Tableau a plus.
- Strong PC computer skills (MS Office) required, MS Office - Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Valid driver's license, passport and ability to travel as needed to meet business objectives.
- Highly self-driven with demonstrated accountability and ownership. Functions effectively under pressure in environments of rapid change and conflicting demands. Demonstrated ability to balance competing priorities. Demonstrates a sense of urgency in meeting goals.
- Commitment to continuous improvement and quality methodology skills. Effective issue resolution and structured problem solving methodology. Drives improvement in existing products and services to better meet customer needs.
- Ability to understand technical language and to recognize and differentiate technical issues, and translate needs to the Vestas value proposition for a customer.
- Excellent English communications skills (verbal, active listening, written, meeting management, presentation).
What we offer
As a member of the Vestas team, we offer a competitive salary and one of the most comprehensive benefits plans in the industry. Among the many amenities we offer: healthcare; dental; vision; paid time off (PTO); generous 401(k) plan; tuition assistance; and much more
It is the policy of Vestas to afford equal employment opportunity without regard to age, race, religion, color, gender, or national origin, and to afford equal opportunity to veterans and individuals with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, provincial, or local law. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative within the People & Culture department.
This position is located in Portland, OR
WIND. IT MEANS THE WORLD TO US.
By joining Vestas, you join the only global energy company dedicated 100% to wind energy. Together with our customers, we have installed more the 51,000 turbines in over 70 countries, and we remain committed to increase that number via our superior, cost-effective wind technologies, products and services.
Since Vestas was founded in 1979, Vestas has achieved a market-leading position with more than 60 GW of installed wind turbines or around 19% of the total global capacity.
Every day, everyone at Vestas works to make Vestas the undisputed global wind leader and the world's energy mix more sustainable - join us, and be part of ensuring a sustainable future for our planet.