Jacobs® is one of the world's largest and most diverse providers of technical, professional and construction services with over 70,000 resources in 250+ offices worldwide. Building strong long-term relationships is the key to our success as a company. To strengthen these lasting alliances, we partner with each client to better understand their objectives. This allows us to deliver superior quality on every project.
As a global leader of Program Management and Construction Management (PM/CM) services with projects ranging from $1 million to programs that cost up to $10 billion, we deliver award winning total Design and/or Construction Management projects for public and private sector clients. From the pre-construction phase, through complete erection of the project, to the post-construction and commissioning, we function as an extension of our clients' goals and aspirations. Project sector and types include: Aviation, Emergency Operations & Data Centers, Healthcare, Hospitality & Entertainment, Correctional & Rehabilitation Facilities, and Research & Development Facilities.
Job Scope : This position is site based which will report directly to the Construction Manager and work with the Business Unit Safety Director & Project team adhering to company safety, health and environmental policies.
Job Description :
- You will demonstrate knowledge of building construction safety / environmental principles and techniques.
- Identify known potential exposures & lead the implementation of corrective actions.
- Oversee, lead, direct & enforce safe work practices on construction projects to identify, eliminate and control hazardous conditions that may lead to injury and/or property damage using job specific safety standards, best management practices and injury free environment techniques.
- Take measures to implement the overall site safety program as required ensuring contractor compliance.
- Makes rational decisions related to shutting down of work when circumstances reveal an impending danger to life and/or health of individuals on a project.
- Educate, advise, investigate, communicate and resolve any issues with project staff and contractor field safety while implementing corrective action that will help build working relationships with project staff and contractor safety representative to ensure proper compliance on safety guidelines and policies.
- Contributes to the development of the project's overall safety program and conducts regular training and safety meetings.
- Creates safety reports for the project; analyze metrics that help suggest recommendations for improvement, conducts safety audits and issues complete observation reports noting noncompliance issues
Requirements : Candidates must have a minimum of 8 years or more large Infrastructure commercial construction projects or industrial project experience. Candidates must hold an Engineering Degree Qualification or equivalent. Candidates must have experience working on infrastructure/construction projects & standard procedures within the industry. Candidates must be willing to work in a remote area. Candidates who have EPC experience and/ or previous experience working with SAUDI ARAMCO or one of it's subsidiaries are preferred. Candidates must be proficient in using MS OFFICE; a CHST Certification is strongly preferred. Candidates with experience working within GCC countries (Saudi Arabia/United Arab Emirates/Qatar/Kuwait/Oman) will be given first preference.
Jacobs, Zamel and Turbag Consulting Engineers (Jacobs ZATE) is the principal operating company of our global Jacobs organization in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. It is a multi-discipline professional engineering and project management services provider to local projects with over 1,800 resources in our home offices and in the field across Saudi Arabia covering Downstream, Upstream, Petrochemicals and Buildings and Infrastructure projects. We also have large presence across the Middle East covering Bahrain, Qatar, UAE and Oman in addition to Saudi Arabia. The total regional strength is in excess of 2,500 resources.
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.