Jacobs® is one of the world's largest and most diverse providers of technical, professional and construction services with over 70,000 resources in 250+ offices worldwide. Building strong long-term relationships is the key to our success as a company. To strengthen these lasting alliances, we partner with each client to better understand their objectives. This allows us to deliver superior quality on every project.
As a global leader of Program Management and Construction Management (PM/CM) services with projects ranging from $1 million to programs that cost up to $10 billion, we deliver award winning total Design and/or Construction Management projects for public and private sector clients. From the pre-construction phase, through complete erection of the project, to the post-construction and commissioning, we function as an extension of our clients' goals and aspirations. Project sector and types include: Aviation, Emergency Operations & Data Centers, Healthcare, Hospitality & Entertainment, Correctional & Rehabilitation Facilities, and Research & Development Facilities.
Job Scope : This position is a site based role which will report directly to the Construction Manager on the MODON project within the Buildings & Infrastructure industry and is based in Ha'il, Saudi Arabia.
Job Description :
- Establish the projects' WBS and lead the development of new techniques and standards.
- Draw up a master schedule to establish sequence and lead time of each operation to meet completion deadlines. Plans and schedules workflow for each operation accordingly & conferring those with the Construction Manager to determine status of project.
- Expedite all operations that delays / alters the schedule to meet unforeseen conditions.
- Prepares status reports and able to utilize his experience with P6 Resource and Cost Management in assisting the Construction manager with validating contractor's monthly billing based on actual accomplishment
- Must have an understanding of Risk identification and Risk Quantification!
- Develop and manage processes that require innovation and ingenuity. Determine objectives & Interact with internal / external personnel.
- Must have the ability to develop cost/schedule analysis presentations both graphic, written, and verbal
- Oversee, lead & help maintain safe work practices on construction projects that could identify, eliminate and control hazardous conditions that may lead to injury and/or property damage using job specific safety standards, best management practices and injury free environment techniques advocated to JACOBS Beyond ZERO policy.
- Educate, advise & communicate any/all issues with/between colleagues, project staff and/or contractor while implementing corrective action that will help build productive working relationships with all in accordance with guidelines and policies.
- Should be able to work under minimal supervision and effectively manage multiple/changing priorities.
Qualifications / Requirements : Candidates must have 13 years or more of Buildings & Infrastructure project experience which included utilities and internal roads. Candidates must hold an Engineering Degree Qualification or equivalent from a government recognised institution. Candidates must have experience working on Buildings & Infrastructure construction project timelines and practices including the creation and review of complex schedules with 2,000 activities or more. Candidates who have EPC experience and/ or previous experience working with SAUDI ARAMCO or one of it's subsidiaries are preferred. Candidates must be proficient in using MS OFFICE. Other systems/software knowledge/experience that is preferred: Primavera P6, Sure Track, Microsoft Projects, Earned Value Management System (EVMS) Candidates with experience working within GCC countries (Saudi Arabia/United Arab Emirates/Qatar/Kuwait/Oman) will be given first preference.
Jacobs, Zamel and Turbag Consulting Engineers (Jacobs ZATE) is the principal operating company of our global Jacobs organization in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. It is a multi-discipline professional engineering and project management services provider to local projects with over 1,800 resources in our home offices and in the field across Saudi Arabia covering Downstream, Upstream, Petrochemicals and Buildings and Infrastructure projects. We also have large presence across the Middle East covering Bahrain, Qatar, UAE and Oman in addition to Saudi Arabia. The total regional strength is in excess of 2,500 resources.
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.