Jacobs serves the PharmaBio, Chemicals, Refining, Pulp & Paper, Power & Utilities, High Tech and Consumer Products Industries. Our core life sciences network has contributed to becoming the largest provider of engineering and construction services to pharmaceutical and biotechnology clients and we have established ourselves as the center of excellence for Pulp and Paper facilities. Jacobs provides full-service engineering, procurement, and construction management services for both new and existing facilities, offering environmental and water / wastewater support, energy audits, and hygienic / sanitary assessments. For projects of every scale we provide design, engineering, construction, commissioning, and maintenance services that support a facility's entire life cycle.
Internship and Co-op positions at Jacobs provide college students an opportunity to gain real-world experience in a specific area of study. Working in a fast-paced, professional setting provides interns with invaluable experiences applying the knowledge and skills learned through education in a business environment while working alongside, and in support of, a group of world-class professionals in your chosen field of study.
Our Green Bay and Appleton, WI offices are currently seeking an Electrical Engineering Intern or Co-op for the Pulp & Paper; including Tissue Manufacturing and Converting, and Consumer Products Industries; including Diapers and Wet Wipes.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Industrial control hardware design, drafting, and PLC programming; working as part of a project team in the following industries:
- Pulp and Paper including Tissue Manufacturing and Converting
- Personal Care Manufacturing and Converting
- Hardware design may consist of PLC modules, Network (Ethernet, SERCOS, Devicenet, etc.) components, Safety System components, pneumatic components and instrumentation (pressure, flow, etc.) devices.
- Drafting may include AutoCAD electrical, red-line assistance for the lead engineers, and the creation of new drawings.
- PLC programming may include modifications of existing programs and routines.
- Students working toward a BS in Electrical Engineering with successful completion of sophomore courses.
- General knowledge of machine controls and leadership experience a plus.
- Software experience with Rockwell ControlLogix is advantageous.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, and Excel.
- Practical experience with AutoCAD is a plus.
**No relocation or temporary living assistance being offered**
Intermittent sitting, walking, standing, bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, twisting, and lifting. Lifting requirements limited to 20 lbs. in the form of supplies, drawings, etc. Longest distance carried of 50 feet. Hand manipulation is required for simple grasping, pushing and pulling, and fine manipulation. Right and/or left hands utilized. Occasional need to reach and/or work above the shoulder, for supplies, as well as below the shoulder for same. No foot controls necessary. Must be alert to equipment in the field, there will be occasional travel, will work near construction job site equipment when in the field, occasional need to work near hazardous equipment and machinery, occasional need to walk on uneven ground, exposure to dust, gas or fumes, exposure to noise, extremes in temperature or humidity, and potential work at heights. No exposure to tobacco smoke
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.