Jacobs® is one of the world's largest and most diverse providers of technical, professional and construction services with over 70,000 resources in 250+ offices worldwide. Building strong long-term relationships is the key to our success as a company. To strengthen these lasting alliances, we partner with each client to better understand their objectives. This allows us to deliver superior quality on every project.
As a global leader of Program Management and Construction Management (PM/CM) services with projects ranging from $1 million to programs that cost up to $10 billion, we deliver award winning total Design and/or Construction Management projects for public and private sector clients. From the pre-construction phase, through complete erection of the project, to the post-construction and commissioning, we function as an extension of our clients' goals and aspirations. Project sector and types include: Aviation, Emergency Operations & Data Centers, Healthcare, Hospitality & Entertainment, Correctional & Rehabilitation Facilities, and Research & Development Facilities.
Job Scope : This position is a site based role which will report directly to the Construction Manager on the MODON project within the Buildings & Infrastructure industry and is based in Ha'il, Saudi Arabia.
Job Description :
- Develop, manage and/or execute all phases of the projects' estimating responsibilities/commitments.
- Ensure resources are in place to execute the project control plan and report project cost estimates to management as well as analyze cost and schedule variances thereby recommending corrective actions.
- Review project drawings, specifications, BOQs and other contract documents to validate against project budget and cost control plan.
- Contribute to appropriate Value Engineering options relative to Whole Life Cycle Costs.
- Revise and maintain status of the detailed project cost estimate/forecast to include all phases of project execution from design/engineering, material/equipment procurement and deliveries and construction contracts through start-up activities and closeout. Participate in and/or facilitates project cost reviews, interactive planning and risk analysis sessions.
- Prepares appropriate cost presentations, cost trending & forecasting analysis for project costs; communicates these to all related parties, highlight concerns, recommends necessary measures, actions and methods.
- Supervise the development of project bill of quantities and schedule of works accordingly. Notifies management of any under or over run in project costs, recommending appropriate action and follow up
- Oversee, lead & help maintain safe work practices on construction projects that could identify, eliminate and control hazardous conditions that may lead to injury and/or property damage using job specific safety standards, best management practices and injury free environment techniques advocated to JACOBS Beyond ZERO policy.
- Educate, advise & communicate any/all issues with/between colleagues, project staff and/or contractor while implementing corrective action that will help build productive working relationships with all in accordance with guidelines and policies.
Qualifications / Requirements : Candidates must have 13 years or more of technical knowledge of cost estimating, engineering design and construction practice on projects within the Buildings & Infrastructure / Industrial industries which include utilities and internal roads. Candidates must hold an Engineering Degree Qualification or equivalent from a government recognised institution. Candidates must have experience working on Buildings & Infrastructure/Oil & Gas/Mining/Power/Industrial. Candidates who have EPC experience and/ or previous experience working with SAUDI ARAMCO or one of it's subsidiaries are preferred. Candidates must be proficient in using MS OFFICE. Other systems/software knowledge/experience that is preferred: Oracle / Deltek CostPoint. Candidates with experience working within GCC countries (Saudi Arabia/United Arab Emirates/Qatar/Kuwait/Oman) will be given first preference.
Jacobs, Zamel and Turbag Consulting Engineers (Jacobs ZATE) is the principal operating company of our global Jacobs organization in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. It is a multi-discipline professional engineering and project management services provider to local projects with over 1,800 resources in our home offices and in the field across Saudi Arabia covering Downstream, Upstream, Petrochemicals and Buildings and Infrastructure projects. We also have large presence across the Middle East covering Bahrain, Qatar, UAE and Oman in addition to Saudi Arabia. The total regional strength is in excess of 2,500 resources.
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.