Jacobs® is one of the world's largest and most diverse providers of technical, professional and construction services with over 70,000 resources in 250+ offices worldwide. Building strong long-term relationships is the key to our success as a company. To strengthen these lasting alliances, we partner with each client to better understand their objectives. This allows us to deliver superior quality on every project.
As a global leader of Program Management and Construction Management (PM/CM) services with projects ranging from $1 million to programs that cost up to $10 billion, we deliver award winning total Design and/or Construction Management projects for public and private sector clients. From the pre-construction phase, through complete erection of the project, to the post-construction and commissioning, we function as an extension of our clients' goals and aspirations. Project sector and types include: Aviation, Emergency Operations & Data Centers, Healthcare, Hospitality & Entertainment, Correctional & Rehabilitation Facilities, and Research & Development Facilities.
Job Scope : This position is a site based which will report directly to the Construction Manager on the MODON project within the Buildings & Infrastructure industry and is based in Ha'il, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
Job Description :
- Handle a wide and complex variety of material procurement duties related to purchasing activities from local and international markets.
- Evaluate technical specifications and economic factors as it relates to product selection and procurement.
- Reviews new product plans and makes recommendations for material selection based on design objectives, such as strength, weight, heat resistance, electrical conductivity, and cost.
- Develops inventory forecasts and provides the required technical support as well as assisting with preparing the material procurement plan.
- Identify, review and monitor priority, long lead, and other required material and ensure co-ordination with other project disciplines to meet all procurement milestone dates.
- Confirm purchasing requirements and obtain complete description of items required and ensure requisitions are properly authorized.
- Solicit competitive quotations, prices or tenders from potential suppliers and continually develop new sources of supply.
- Prepare purchase orders; analyze & evaluate bids while making recommendations about good vendors according to the fair trade practices followed by JACOBS.
- Analyze product failure data and laboratory test results; determine problems and develop solutions.
- Monitor material performance and evaluate causes of deterioration.
- Conduct or supervise tests on raw materials or finished products to ensure their quality.
- Oversee, lead, direct & enforce safe work practices on construction projects to identify, eliminate and control hazardous conditions that may lead to injury and/or property damage using job specific safety standards, best management practices and injury free environment techniques advocated to JACOBS Beyond ZERO policy.
- Educate, advise, communicate and resolve any issues with/between colleagues, project staff and/or contractor field safety while implementing corrective action that will help build productive working relationships with all in accordance with guidelines and policies.
Qualifications / Requirements : Candidates should have e xperience in planning & reporting of material procurement and good knowledge of procurement methods and procedures. Candidates must have thorough knowledge of procurement / materials practices, economic principles, international codes and standards, procedures, and specifications. Candidates must have 13 years or more of Buildings & I nfrastructure project experience which included utilities and internal roads. Candidates must hold an Engineering Degree Qualification or equivalent from a government recognised institution. Candidates must have experience working on Buildings & I nfrastructure/Oil & Gas/Mining/Power/Industrial . Candidates who have EPC experience and/ or previous experience working with SAUDI ARAMCO or one of it's subsidiaries are preferred. Candidates must be proficient in using MS OFFICE. Candidates with experience working within GCC countries (Saudi Arabia/United Arab Emirates/Qatar/Kuwait/Oman) will be given first preference. Possesses strong computer skills including Prolog and Microsoft Office Able to work under minimal supervision and effectively manage multiple/changing priorities Candidate must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills; Knowledge of both English and Arabic is desirable.
Jacobs, Zamel and Turbag Consulting Engineers (Jacobs ZATE) is the principal operating company of our global Jacobs organization in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. It is a multi-discipline professional engineering and project management services provider to local projects with over 1,800 resources in our home offices and in the field across Saudi Arabia covering Downstream, Upstream, Petrochemicals and Buildings and Infrastructure projects. We also have large presence across the Middle East covering Bahrain, Qatar, UAE and Oman in addition to Saudi Arabia. The total regional strength is in excess of 2,500 resources.
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.