The Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
Reporting directly to a Project Architect or the Architectural Discipline Director, this role is responsible for the coordination, development, and drafting of construction documents in support of overall project design.
- Selected candidate will perform routine architectural production task assignments involving a sequence of related operations.
- Standard work methods are followed for preparing architectural drawings under general supervision.
- Work with and modify existing standards based on individual project requirements
- Use computer-aided design equipment and/or graphic tools.
- Perform site surveys of interior spaces, exterior, e.g. parking lots, sidewalks, and roof top conditions.
- Perform facilities assessment as well as documentation of existing conditions.
- Coordinates design criteria with engineering disciplines in accordance with project scope.
- Minimum 3-5 years of architectural experience required
- Trained in CAD programs, e.g. AutoCAD, Microstation required
- Site survey experience required.
- A valid drivers' license required
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills required
- Drafting/design related coursework required, with an Associate's or Bachelor's degree preferred
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.