Jacobs serves the Chemicals, Pulp & Paper, Power & Utilities, High Tech and Consumer Products Industries. Jacobs provides full-service engineering, procurement, and construction management services for both new and existing facilities, offering environmental and water / wastewater support, energy audits, and hygienic / sanitary assessments. For projects of every scale we provide design, engineering, construction, commissioning, and maintenance services that support a facility's entire life cycle.
Under close and frequent supervision, designer assists engineers by performing the routine aspects of plumbing and fire protection design assignments, subsequently providing familiarity with the programs, staff, and operating procedures of the company.
- Performs plumbing design calculations (i.e., domestic water, storm, compressed air, natural gas, etc), sketches, technical comparisons and similar technical work as required by assignment
- Coordinates project assignments with those of other engineers and designers in his/her discipline group
- Reviews drawings supplied by vendors, clients, and engineers and architects and recommends necessary changes
- Researches code issues and works with City, State, and County officials
- Researches design options and documents findings for department Engineers / Project Leads
- Assists with other duties assigned by Department Engineers / Project Leads
- May attend kick-off meetings
- Minimum of high school diploma or technical school training with courses in computer-aided drafting or equivalent experience
- At least 5 years of experience with plumbing and fire protection design preferred
- Must be able to review work of fellow plumbing/fire protection designers
- Travel may be required
- Working Knowledge in the use of Autocad and Microstation
- Smart Plant 3D or PDS experience
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.