Jacobs Telecommunication has been at the forefront of creating a new generation of wireless communication infrastructure for over 40 years. We specialize in network development - complete telecom life cycle solutions, which has ranked us in ENR's Top 20 Design Firms for the telecommunications sector in 2014. While the wireless world is ever changing, the demand for innovative technology and long term support services remains constant. These services include site acquisition, design and construction, to full operations, maintenance, and deconstruction.
The Civil Designer will be responsible for the detailed design of all civil elements of the telecommunications network. Specific duties may include, but not limited to:
- Layout and design of the telecommunication network elements in accordance with the network design criteria. This includes developing and defining the optimum route corridor and identify the type of construction required (i.e. aerial, underground, open trench, direction bore, plough, etc)
- Perform a right of way and route assessment to confirm the route corridor is acceptable and can be built in the most cost effective manner.
- Conduct a route or site walk down to collect data of all surface features and underground utility data necessary to support the preparation of the construction drawings that are complete and suitable for submittal to local jurisdictions to obtain construction permits.
-Responsible for the preparation of detailed construction drawings depicting all underground and above ground elements and proposed work.
- BS degree in engineering with a minimum of three (3) years project engineering design experience with 1 to 2 years in the design of telecommunications networks OR a minimum of nine (9) years of work experience in the design of telecommunication networks/infrastructure with one (1) year in OSP design.
- Must have the right to work and remain in the US without visa sponsorship
- Fiber Optic experience (cable, splice and test) is required
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills required
- Desktop automation skills (Microsoft Office Suite) required
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.