Jacobs employ some of the UK's most experienced and skilled technical services professionals and has grown to over 8,000 people in locations across the UK.
We currently have an opportunity in our Glasgow office to join our generalist HR team at a time of growth within the UK business.
Reporting to the HR Business Partner, the HR Business Lead will support one or more global lines of business within Jacobs. This role will have high visibility within the organisation, operating as a key member of senior management team. The role will focus attention on how HR can work with the business to achieve shared organisational and people objectives. Overnight travel and participation in 'out of hours' calls will be required.
- Act as the 'face of HR' within the business unit, able to identify HR issues prioritise and manage delivery and expectations
- Participate in business planning processes from the outset including the provision of HR intelligence to bid proposals, supporting Operations with workforce planning and the interpretation of key HR analytics and processes to inform and measure business performance
- Lead and drive HR transformation within Line of Business reinforcing the new HR operating model
- Work closely with UK Country HR Manager to identify and discuss issues and resolution, common themes to be addressed via training and development, planning for strategic initiatives and annual processes to be delivered by HR Operational team, e.g. performance appraisal and salary review
- Act as a collaborative and influential leader demonstrating critical interpersonal relationship and judgement skills, which are required to develop and assess the senior management population and influence business outcomes
- Advise on people implications of organisational change, and make recommendations as appropriate for compliance, best practice, in line with Jacobs values and our BeyondZero approach to safety
- Build knowledge of good people management practices - internally and externally- in order to raise issues of which senior leadership may be unaware
- Tailor HR processes to the realities of the business environment - must be able to analyse the needs of the organisation and develop an appropriate and effective response
- Leverage knowledge from, and provide intelligence to, HR Centres of Excellence and others as required, e.g. Finance, Legal, Procurement
- Build teamwork within the HR function, e.g. through joint projects; regular dialogue with HR Business Leads in other geographies and the mentoring of HR operational delivery partners
- Work within Line of Business and geography to foster, and be an example of, commitment to the highest standards of operational HR excellence
- Engage in bid activity to ensure significant people challenges are fully understood and resourced.
Essential skills and experience:
- Successful track record of delivery as a HR Business Partner within a global matrixed organisation
- Ability to understand the business in the context of the industry and understand the levers and risks that drive and threaten value
- Experience of leading, shaping and communicating strategic change initiatives
- Ability to recognise when to defer to technical experts with the network to access them readily
- Team player, action orientated and resilient with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Confidence and capability to take a stand of objectivity and integrity; demonstrating courage to challenge in an appropriate manner, flexible, and able to negotiate compromises to achieve win-win
- Proven IT skills, and analytical skills to manipulate and present data effectively
- The post holder will ideally be part-CIPD qualified (or equivalent) .
Jacobs is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to the safety and well-being of all.