Jacobs is one of the world's largest and most diverse providers of professional technical services to industrial, commercial and government clients. With revenues approaching $11billion and approximately 50,000 employees across the globe, we are continuing to grow our business every year.
Jacobs has an enviable reputation in the Highways UK consultancy sector as a result of a portfolio of high profile projects with clients that include the Highways Agency (HA), Transport Scotland, Welsh Government, National Contractors and numerous Local Authorities. Our plans to add to this portfolio continue apace regionally and nationally.
We are now looking to build upon our 3D design capability to support our existing and future Highways England Road Investment Strategy projects. We, therefore have a requirement for an experienced Civil 3D alignment designer to provide their expertise to a large portfolio of Highways projects. We will also look to you to guide and mentor existing team members on 3D modelling. This role will be based at our London office.
Jacobs aim to be the visual 3D / BIM leaders within the industry over the next several years and we would like you to help us achieve this.
- Producing alignment design models within a BIM enabled environment using Civil 3D
- Assisting in developing, implementing and enforcing company CAD Standards
- Working under the guidance of the project manager or designated discipline lead
- Preparing quality engineering outputs that conform with, but ideally exceed, the requirements of the Project Brief
- Contributing to our Lean approach to driving efficiency and removing waste from our processes
- Overseeing Quality Assurance Drawing Management with data document controllers and electronic document systems
- Customisation and automation of programs and menus to increase drawing productivity.
- Working with our integrated delivery teams to globally utilise our resources and develop solutions to drive improvement and efficiency between global teams
- Mentoring Technician's to improve their knowledge and strengths
- Previous experience in civils and infrastructure
- Several years' experience in Autodesk Civil 3D
- Strong knowledge of MX / AutoCad design software
- Working knowledge of MS Office software packages
- Awareness of BIM (Building Information Modelling)
- Skills and ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Ability to mentor junior 3D Designers
- Consultancy employment background
- Experience in Highways & Structures Major Projects
We offer a competitive package which includes a Pension and Life Assurance Scheme and the opportunity to participate in our Flexible Benefits programme.
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all.