Jacobs Cincinnati serves the PharmaBio, Chemicals, Refining and Consumer Products Industries. Jacobs provides full-service engineering, procurement, construction management, commissioning and maintenance services for both new and existing facilities for projects of every scale. We support a facility's entire life cycle. Our core life sciences network has contributed to Jacobs becoming the world's largest provider of these services to pharmaceutical, biotechnology and consumer product clients. The Cincinnati office is established as one of the company's main centers of excellence for engineering/designing PharmaBio and Consumer Products facilities.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
Internship/co-op positions at Jacobs provide college students an opportunity to gain real-world experience in a specific area of study. Working in a fast-paced, professional setting provides invaluable experiences applying the knowledge and skills learned through education in a business environment while working alongside, and in support of, a group of world-class professionals in your chosen field of study. Projects are typically the design of new or retrofit of small, medium and large manufacturing facilities to be constructed throughout the U.S. and sometimes in other countries.
- Individual must have a general understanding of how to read drawings. Individual will perform routine tasks under close supervision using well-defined standards and procedures.
- Tasks require gaining moderate understanding of general aspects of structural engineering and a detailed understanding of some specific job aspects.
- Primary tasks may include any combination of the following: Performing structural calculations, CAD drafting using AutoCAD, Microstation and/or 3-D modeling software.
- Work is focused around the structural design of new structures and retrofit of existing structures for manufacturing facilities. Candidates that have proficiency utilizing other standard computer applications is a plus.
- Coordination with other engineering disciplines may also be required which includes gathering information in person or from drawings.
- Positive and committed attitude is essential.
- Candidate must be currently enrolled in at least their Junior year within an accredited Civil or Structural Engineering program
- Candidate should have an academic concentration in structural engineering including having already taken at least one class in structural analysis that includes exposure to steel and concrete design.
- Experience with AutoCaD, Microstation, MS Applications (Excel, Word), a plus. Additionally, experience using structural analysis software like Staad, RAM, Tedds or Enercalc is another plus
- A minimum of approximately 6 months of civil-structural engineering/construction related experience preferred but not an absolute requirement
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 or higher required
- No relocation or temporary living assistance being offered
- This opportunity is for summer 2017
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.