Jacobs® is one of the world's largest and most diverse providers of technical, professional and construction services with over 70,000 resources in 250+ offices worldwide. Building strong long-term relationships is the key to our success as a company. To strengthen these lasting alliances, we partner with each client to better understand their objectives. This allows us to deliver superior quality on every project.
As a global leader of engineering services with projects ranging from $1 million to programs that cost up to $10 billion, we deliver award winning total Design and/or Construction Management projects for public and private sector clients. From the pre-construction phase, through complete erection of the project, to the post-construction and commissioning, we function as an extension of our clients' goals and aspirations. Project sector and types include: Aviation, Emergency Operations & Data Centers, Healthcare, Hospitality & Entertainment, Correctional & Rehabilitation Facilities, and Research & Development Facilities.
Job Scope : This position is a site office based role which will report directly to the Program / Regional Manager on the MODON project within the Buildings & Infrastructure industry and is based in Ha'il, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. The candidate in question will be responsible for comprehensive understanding & application of principles, theories, concepts, industry practices and standards in addition to performing work of complex scope. This positon has Management level employees on the project as direct reports. This may include Design and Procurement, but would focus on the overview of the General Contractor and the immediate construction of the project, as well as Controls. This positons is client facing and would be the direct contact as the highest ranking onsite Owners Representative with an emphasis on ensuring Schedule, Cost, Scope and Safety.
Job Description :
- Responsible for overall project delivery (cost, schedule, quality, information, contracts) on multiple project assignments
- Manage project development from conception through completion (both large and small) in accordance with program objectives
- Manages all budgets, schedules, scope development, design and construction contracts, documents, procedures and controls for assigned projects
- Manages the review and approval process for consultant invoices and contractor pay applications and change orders and coordinates with Control Manager for proper posting in reporting program
- Attends assigned meetings to cover weekly job progress meetings; issues meeting minutes during design
- Resolves complex construction related issues, disputes, and disagreements.
- Reviews status and monitors variances of the construction project database relative to scheduling and cost control reporting
- Excellent communication skills as this position is client facing
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast pace environmentResponsible for compliance with ARAMCO standards and JACOBS BEYOND ZERO for health and safety requirements.
- Oversee, lead & help maintain safe work practices on construction projects that could identify, eliminate and control hazardous conditions that may lead to injury and/or property damage using job specific safety standards, best management practices and injury free environment techniques advocated to JACOBS Beyond ZERO policy.
- Educate, advise & communicate any/all issues with/between colleagues, project staff and/or contractor while implementing corrective action that will help build productive working relationships with all in accordance with guidelines and policies.
Qualifications / Requirements : Candidates must have 20 years or more of Buildings & Infrastructure project experience. Candidates must hold an Engineering Degree Qualification or equivalent from a government recognised institution. Candidates with these certifications are preferred: Certified Construction Manager (CCM), Professional Engineer (PE) or Architect license/certification Candidates who have EPC experience and/ or previous experience working with SAUDI ARAMCO or one of it's subsidiaries are preferred. Candidates must be proficient in using MS OFFICE. Candidates with experience working within GCC countries (Saudi Arabia/United Arab Emirates/Qatar/Kuwait/Oman) will be given first preference.
Jacobs, Zamel and Turbag Consulting Engineers (Jacobs ZATE) is the principal operating company of our global Jacobs organization in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. It is a multi-discipline professional engineering and project management services provider to local projects with over 1,800 resources in our home offices and in the field across Saudi Arabia covering Downstream, Upstream, Petrochemicals and Buildings and Infrastructure projects. We also have large presence across the Middle East covering Bahrain, Qatar, UAE and Oman in addition to Saudi Arabia. The total regional strength is in excess of 2,500 resources.
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.