Jacobs serves the PharmaBio, Chemicals, Refining, Pulp & Paper, Power & Utilities, High Tech and Consumer Products Industries. Our core life sciences network has contributed to becoming the largest provider of engineering and construction services to pharmaceutical and biotechnology clients and we have established ourselves as the center of excellence for Pulp and Paper facilities. Jacobs provides full-service engineering, procurement, and construction management services for both new and existing facilities, offering environmental and water / wastewater support, energy audits, and hygienic / sanitary assessments. For projects of every scale we provide design, engineering, construction, commissioning, and maintenance services that support a facility's entire life cycle.
Our Green Bay and Appleton, WI offices are currently seeking an Entry Level Electrical Controls Engineer for the following industries: Pulp & Paper, Consumer Products including; Diapers & Wet Wipes, Agricultural and Food Industries.
Entry level engineers perform aspects of engineering requiring knowledge and application of basic engineering principles under close supervision; work is reviewed for adequacy and accuracy. They maintain effective communication with project team members and with the customer. Attention to detail, while completing assignments per scope, schedule, and budget expectations.
- Utilize computer-assisted engineering and design software such as AutoCAD, AutoCAD Electrical, or MicroStation to perform engineering tasks
- Hardware design, PLC programming, power system and facilities design as part of a project team:
- Hardware design may consist of PLC modules, Network (Ethernet, SERCOS, Devicenet, etc.) components, Safety System components, pneumatic components and instrumentation (pressure, flow, etc) devices
- PLC programming may include modifications of existing programs and routines.
- Facilities design includes power distribution, lighting, security and life safety systems
- BSEE Required
- Prior internship/co-op or 1-2 years of related experience required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required
- Proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). General knowledge of industrial machine controls
- Group or team leadership experience a plus
- Automation software experience with Rockwell ControlLogix is a plus
- Process control software experience with PlantPAX or other DCS Systems is a plus
- Utilization of CAD and document management systems
- Electrical Power distribution and Facilities electrical experience a plus
- Up to 20% travel may be required
Intermittent sitting, walking, standing, bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, twisting, and lifting. Lifting requirements limited to 20 lbs. in the form of supplies, drawings, etc. Longest distance carried of 50 feet. Hand manipulation is required for simple grasping, pushing and pulling, and fine manipulation. Right and/or left hands utilized. Occasional need to reach and/or work above the shoulder, for supplies, as well as below the shoulder for same. No foot controls necessary. Must be alert to equipment in the field, there will be occasional travel, will work near construction job site equipment when in the field, occasional need to work near hazardous equipment and machinery, occasional need to walk on uneven ground, exposure to dust, gas or fumes, exposure to noise, extremes in temperature or humidity, and potential work at heights.
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.