Jacobs serves the PharmaBio, Foods, Petrochemical, Consumer Goods, Chemicals, Refining, Pulp & Paper, Power & Utilities, High Tech and Consumer Products Industries. Our core life sciences network has contributed to becoming the largest provider of engineering and construction services to pharmaceutical and biotechnology clients and we have established ourselves as the center of excellence for this type of work. Jacobs provides full-service engineering, procurement, construction management, Automation and Validation services for both new and existing facilities.. For projects of every scale we provide design, engineering, construction, commissioning, and maintenance services that support a facility's entire life cycle.
Our Control Systems Engineers work in a fast-paced, professional setting that provides invaluable and fulfilling experiences applying the knowledge and skills learned through education in a business environment while working alongside, and in support of, a group of world-class professionals in your chosen field of study.
In our Cincinnati and Indianapolis Operations, we specialize in the all of the industries listed above. Our employees have opportunities to work in a variety of industries over the course of their career.
- Perform routine aspects of engineering requiring knowledge and application of basic engineering principles.
- Use computer-assisted engineering software and equipment to perform engineering tasks.
- Assist in the coordination of projects from conception (feasibility) through final plan preparations.
- P&ID and AF&ID Development
- Panels / Consoles - Layout, Detail and Purchase
- DCS / PLC / BAS System Architecture Diagrams
- Develop / Generate Loop Diagrams
- Develop / Generate Installation Details
- Instrument, Panel, HMI, Computer System Location Plans
- Database Development
- Instrument, I/O and Panel Lists and Coordination Schedules
- Instruments - Specify, Review, Purchase
- Control and I/O Room Requirements
- Automation Project Planning and Development
- System Integration and Software Development for Control Systems
- Previous internship experience in related discipline is preferred
- Candidate must be enrolled (as a junior or higher strongly preferred) in a BS or MS in an accredited engineering or engineering technology program
- 2.5 GPA or higher
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Must pay attention to detail and have the ability to exercise good professional judgment
- Must have the ability to work and thrive in a team environment.
- Must have strong problem solving skills.
- Must have a strong work ethic
- Must be able to communicate effectively; verbal and written skills
- Must be able to work well with others
- Knowledge of AutoCAD or Microstation, Word, Excel, Visio and Access are preferred
- A willingness to participate in fast paced, high quality and highly integrated projects is required.
- Periodic travel to client offices, plants and work sites may be required
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of BeyondZero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.