The Asset Manager will oversee the daily and long term management of all accountable and some non-accountable IT hardware. This includes monitoring and tracking hardware to ensure compliance with asset management process and procedures. Also develops and implements procedures for tracking assets throughout their lifecycles to ensure quality control and distribute monthly reconciliation reports. The following job functions also apply:
Essential Job Functions:
- Formulate and implement processes and procedures for tracking hardware from requisition through retirement.
- Utilize Maximo as the asset management repository for entering all hardware identifiers and ensure information is up to date, accurate, and auditable.
- Utilize a barcode scanner to perform inventories and usage monitoring of all IT assets and record all findings and changes including network, location, and account information.
- Create and terminate asset records.
- Compile data and run reports.
- Proficient in Microsoft Access and Excel or ability to learn.
- Works independently , takes direction from management, including Team Lead or Manager
- Takes initiative to correct asset discrepancies based on knowledge of business rules
- Understands customer billing rules, and makes decisions accordingly
- Proficient with database logic (SQL), and able to query all relevant data sources to run reports
- Proficient with all job functions within asset management
- Takes initiative to self-assign trouble tickets
- Team Lead or Manager
- Communicates with Customer oversight regarding changing policies, new personnel, and issues
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, customer service, and organizational skills.
- Active TS/SCI Polygraph required
- BA or BS degree in the appropriate discipline from an accredited college or university, plus three (3) to five (5) years of appropriate and progressive experience; additional relevant education may be substituted for progressive experience.
- 3-5 Years' of asset management experience