Location(s): CO - Denver
Are you ready to take your leadership potential to the next level with a growing Fortune 500 company? Xcel Energy is at the leading edge of an industry that is changing quickly. We're seeking dynamic, proven leaders to help guide us into this exciting energy future. If you're looking to lead at a company that is committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship, with plenty of room to grow, consider a position at Xcel Energy. Position Summary
Work with senior management to implement market and Standard of Conduct-related regulatory strategies and programs to support Xcel Energy's corporate objectives and revenue recovery while fulfilling all legal and regulatory requirements before the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC). Serve as company's Standards of Compliance Chief Compliance Officer. Manage company participation in activities associated with development of policies in regional transmission organizations. Prioritize and coordinate implementation of Xcel Energy's market objectives in regional transmission organizations. Manage regulatory filings related to market activities, including rate, tariff, merger/acquisition, and certification proceedings, as well as interventions and responsive comments. Manage regulatory activities that are in compliance with regulatory rules and procedures. Support the maintenance of relationships and interactions with FERC audit, enforcement, rates, and general counsel staff. Oversee compliance with FERC regulations, data requests, investigations, and regulatory requirements and sponsor expert testimony supporting company initiatives. Essential Responsibilities
- Manage market-related regulatory and compliance filings as needed to accomplish corporate objectives and to achieve regulatory compliance. Develops FERC docket case issues, pricing strategies, regulatory filings, and oversees the implementation to comply with regulatory rules and orders related to market and Standard of Conduct issues. Prepare supporting testimony and serve as expert witness in regulatory proceedings when necessary.
- Coordinate with the Market Operations and Public Policy and External Affairs business areas to prioritize Xcel Energy's market-related policy objectives in regional transmission organizations, and to effectively implement the agreed objectives. Keep apprised of FERC regulations, rulemakings and policies to ensure Xcel Energy is effectively represented in industry-wide initiatives and to ensure compliance with federal requirements. In coordination with Market Operations and Public Policy and External Affairs, participate in and coordinate with other regional initiatives to represent Xcel Energy's markets-related policy interests at the federal and RTO levels.
- Direct the development/enhancement, operation, maintenance, and monitoring of compliance systems and processes, including systems and processes to support compliance with FERC Order 717. Act in a leadership role with management, compliance liaisons, IT, Enterprise Security, legal counsel, department staff and others, as needed to ensure FERC compliance. Activities include development, implementation, and maintenance of software tool to track adherence to FERC deadlines. Identify appropriate tasks to be tracked to ensure legal and regulatory compliance, identify personnel responsible for tasks, and ensure timely completion of tasks. Work closely with internal stakeholders to ensure effective tracking of compliance-related activities. Interact with Business Systems to develop, implement, and maintain needed enhancements to FERC/NERC compliance tracking software.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with stakeholders to ensure regulatory work processes, filings and projects are coordinated and efficiently pursued. Advise senior management on regulatory issues and recommend strategies that have impact on Xcel's strategic objectives for energy and capacity markets
- Support the maintenance of effective relationships between the company and federal regulatory staffs. Ensure effective representation of Xcel Energy's positions and interests in federal and state regulatory proceedings. Communicate Xcel Energy's regulatory strategy to customer groups, regulatory staffs, public counsels, and other stakeholders.
- Manage direct reports' work and assignments on Xcel Energy and regional transmission tariff initiatives, development of pricing policies and preparation of rate filings. Create and maintain a professional work environment that encourages growth opportunities for direct reports.
- Other duties as assigned
Master's degree in Engineering, Business, Economics, Public Policy, or a related discipline.
10 years experience in the utility business (tariff or contract administration, planning or operations), and/or in a regulatory role.
Experience working with the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission.
Demonstrated project management skills.
Proven written and verbal communication skills.
Advanced public speaking ability/experience.
Demonstrated ability to propose solutions to manage complex policy issues.
Frequent overnight travel and extended working hours. Preferred:
Experience with market operations or FERC Standards of Conduct.
Comprehensive understanding of federal regulations relative to market operations.
This position requires a behavioral assessment prior to being considered for an interview.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you're ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: CO - Denver || CO - Denver || United States (US) || Policy and Federal Affairs || xxxxxxx:Federal Regulatory Affairs || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 5341
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at xxxxxxx