Location(s): CO - Arvada
Are you ready to take your leadership potential to the next level with a growing Fortune 500 company? Xcel Energy is at the leading edge of an industry that is changing quickly. We're seeking dynamic, proven leaders to help guide us into this exciting energy future. If you're looking to lead at a company that is committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship, with plenty of room to grow, consider a position at Xcel Energy. Position Summary
Responsible for management of the Builder's Call Line (BCL) function. Responsibilities include development and implementation of strategic plans to meet business demands, regulatory requirements, corporate financial and customer satisfaction goals, and needs related to the distribution operations business. Provide oversight of the daily operations including managing department budget, hiring, employee development, setting goals, monitor performance, direct process and productivity improvement, establish business strategy and lead execution of work plans, identify and oversee implementation of best-practices, participate in industry events to develop network resources and acquire insight about industry trends and issues. Lead cross-functional project teams to conduct research, develop and execute strategic work plans, improve resources, and align process improvements based on best practices. Essential Responsibilities
- Provide leadership and overall direction for Builder's Call Line activities. Manage bargaining, non-bargaining and contract employees to achieve adherence to goals, performance standards, regulatory requirements and productivity metrics. Accountable for administration and adherence to bargaining unit agreements, and working collaboratively to resolve areas of discrepancy
- Execute work plans to address changes and improvements to the Builder's Call Line processes to meet market demand and customer expectations. Drive operational effectiveness; provide governance, training to maximize achievement of performance in support performance objectives. Work collaboratively to identify and implement best practices to meet current and future business needs. Collaborate with external organizations to pursue process improvement opportunities to integrate BCL concerns with other processes, to yield greater efficiencies, cost savings, increased revenues or increased customer satisfaction.
- Manage the selection, training, evaluation, and development of employees to assure optimum productivity, retention, motivation and engagement. Handle escalated customer inquiries and issues. Provide leadership, counsel, support and developmental opportunities for the employees of the organization in order to meet operational demands and future needs of the organization.
- Evaluate and monitor individual goals, key performance indicators for consistency, measurability, and alignment with strategic initiatives. Lead the communication of the strategic business planning initiatives to ensure that all employees are engaged. Lead key critical projects, serve as a liaison and represent organization with key business partners.
- Actively participate in local and national industry related groups or initiatives to gather insight and information, formulate valuable relationships, showcase and promote Xcel Energy and keep abreast of evolving trends and technologies in the utility business.
- Enhance performance of the organization by evaluating scorecard results and verifying that action plans are established and executed. Drive for completion of all strategic objectives outlined in the area's Operating Plan, and ensure that the performance governance business tools are maintained as a valuable resource.
- Bachelor's degree in business, engineering, or related discipline.
- 7 or more years of construction or operations experience in the Utility or related Industry.
- 3 years management experience.
- Minimum of 1 year of demonstrated experience in strategy and planning development.
- Demonstrated experience in business and operational performance measures and scorecards.
- Demonstrated experience in directing cross-functional teams/projects and managing budgets.
- Demonstrated ability to meet business and financial objectives
This position requires a behavioral assessment prior to being considered for an interview.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you're ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: CO - Arvada || CO - Arvada || United States (US) || Operations || xxxxxxx:Operations || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 4131
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at xxxxxxx