Location(s): CO - Greeley
Are you fit and ready to work hard at a challenging but rewarding job that doesn't require you to sit behind a desk all day? Do you want to build a long-term career in a stable industry at a company that's committed to treating you with respect, training you well and ensuring your safety? A field or skilled labor job at Xcel Energy could be the opportunity you're looking for.
***NOTE: This position requires an assessment prior to interview consideration. We ask you to please carefully read the instructions below
Xcel Energy anticipates the need for one or more Journeyman Lineman to be located at the Greeley Service Center in Greeley, Colorado.
Selection criteria will also include an interview and pre-employment written and hands-on testing that will take place at a company training facility (personal tools and equipment are not provided).
The company reserves the right to close this posting at any time. Summary
The person filling this position must be self-motivated, work well with others and possess a positive attitude and commitment to work safely, provide quality customer service, create satisfaction and to work productively. In this challenging and rewarding position, the successful candidate must have a well rounded knowledge of distribution primary feeders, transformer loading and fusing practices. The ideal candidate is thoroughly familiar with the safety regulations of the Company and must be well acquainted with the hazards involved in distribution service work. This role will perform a variety of lineman duties that involve overhead and underground electric distribution construction, operations and maintenance activities. Primary responsibilities consist of but are not limited to: installation, maintenance and removal of overhead and underground distribution conductors and equipment. Must be able to climb poles, work on energized conductors and equipment, work in inclement weather, be available for callout work and all other work as outlined in the Journeyman Lineman position. Required
- Must successfully score on the Behavioral Assessment (external candidates) & Journeyman Assessment
- Must be capable of performing all aspects of electric distribution overhead, underground, construction, maintenance, and troubleshooting.
- Must be available for emergency call-outs.
- Must have effective communication skills (verbal and written).
- Position could possibly require travel for extended time periods
- Must be physically fit and able to lift objects up to 90 pounds, pass a physical examination and be able to perform strenuous physical labor under all types of conditions.
- Experience with bucket trucks, digger derricks, trenchers and groundwork with utility line crew required
- A high awareness of safety and compliance with company safety rules is required at all times
- To be considered at the Journeyman level, must posses a Journeyman Lineman Certification that is approved by the Department of Labor.
- Completion of an approved apprentice line program is required
- Must reside within 30 minutes or 30 miles of the Greeley Service Center.
- Selection criteria may include testing and/or assessment. Must pass the Xcel Energy security and drug screening
Steps in Xcel Energy's hiring process All qualified candidates will be sent an online assessment via e-mail. Applicants must successfully pass in order to be further considered. Candidates who successfully pass the assessment will be contacted to come in for an information session and interview. After attending our information session/interview, our Team Leaders will collaborate to decide which candidates are best qualified and offers will be made. Candidates who accept the employment offer will be required to pass Xcel Energy's background check and drug test. This process can take up to two weeks before clearance is issued. After successful passing of the background check and drug test, candidates are ready to start the training class.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you're ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: CO - Greeley || CO - Greeley || United States (US) || Operations || xxxxxxx:Distribution Operations || Full-Time || Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 5028
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at xxxxxxx