Location(s): CO - Denver; MN - Minneapolis
Are you ready to take your leadership potential to the next level with a growing Fortune 500 company? Xcel Energy is at the leading edge of an industry that is changing quickly. We're seeking dynamic, proven leaders to help guide us into this exciting energy future. If you're looking to lead at a company that is committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship, with plenty of room to grow, consider a position at Xcel Energy.
This position will manage the Business Areas Support team, which includes capital policy, work order management and maintenance of property records in support of all business areas. Summary
This position is responsible for the management of the corporate plant asset, regulatory cost recovery process, all plant asset related accounting functions, plant asset related tax deductions, tax normalization, and regulatory compliance evaluation and assessment of all regulated business mergers, acquisitions and rate case support for all investment related rate base and cost of service information. This position ensures all activities are in compliance with the requirements of the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, the various state public utilities commissions, the Internal Revenue Service, the Nuclear Regulatory Commission, and that all accounting is performed within Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Company guidelines. Essential Responsibilities
- Provide the supervision of Property Accounting functions located in Minneapolis and Eau Claire, which establish corporate capitalization policies and include the development, enhancement, and maintenance of the property records process for all of the plant assets of the Corporation. These functions must remain in compliance with the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Provide the input into the overall management for Xcel's capital investment cost recovery process which includes the development of detailed actuarial analysis, regulatory filings with the various state and federal rate regulatory commissions, and expert testimony to support recovery levels in rate proceedings.
- Participate in all utility merger and acquisition activity and analysis by providing financial and accounting expertise to a five person utility business expansion team whose charter is to evaluate all regulated business expansion efforts for Xcel.
- Manage, with the Director, the maximization of Xcel's corporate income tax deductions from the computation and support of accelerated income tax depreciation expenses and provide for the computation and support of deferred income taxes, which normalize the impact of these accelerated deductions for rate-making and book accounting purposes. These computations must remain in compliance with the Internal Revenue Code and supporting tax regulations. This process must also be in compliance with state and federal rate regulatory agency requirements, includes expert testimony in rate regulatory proceedings, and requires detailed support upon audit by IRS examining agents.
- Provide the management for the plant asset related rate making forecast process which supports Xcel's filings for all retail and wholesale jurisdictions. This process provides the information which supports the vast majority of rate base (plant investment net of accumulated depreciation and deferred taxes) as well as all capital investment related cost of service information (book depreciation, tax depreciation deductions, deferred taxes and deferred investment tax credits).
- Provide the management for Xcel's capital asset reporting and information process necessary to disseminate capital asset information as required by various regulatory authorities (FERC, SEC, state commissions) as well as meeting all internal information requirements necessary to sustain efficient and effective business operations.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or related subject areas (6 years experience in related field may substitute for the degree)
- 8 years public utility finance/accounting experience
- Proven written and verbal communication skills
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
This position requires a behavioral assessment prior to being considered for an interview.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you're ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: CO - Denver || CO - Denver; MN - Minneapolis || United States (US) || CFO Organization || xxxxxxx:Capital Asset Accounting || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 4825
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at xxxxxxx