Join our Constellation team and become part of Exelon's competitive retail and wholesale energy business.
Constellation is headquartered in Baltimore, with regional offices in Chicago, Houston, Kennett Square, Louisville, New York, and Omaha.
We develop energy management strategies that help customers buy, manage and consume energy.
Our retail unit is among the largest and most comprehensive in the industry with approximately 1 million residential customers that rely on our commitment to innovation, dependability, transparency, and service.
Our wholesale business serves utilities, municipalities and co-ops and features world-class risk management and energy trading capabilities.
The Commercial Analytics (CA) team provides a wide range of analytical support and services to the commercial organization and its embedded functions and to our corporate customers. The Structuring team, which is an integral part of CA, provides valuations, analytics and risk assessments for new, structured transactions as well as general analytical support to commercial teams managing existing transactions and portfolios.
A key requirement for the Sr. Quant position is the ability to take on a wide breadth of responsibilities such as valuation analytics, portfolio analysis, booking and settlement logistics, essentially the entire life cycle of the deal. The candidate should be well versed in concepts related to options, simulation modeling and risk assessment. The candidate should be able to perform multiple tasks under time pressure and be adaptive to business needs.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Provide timely and accurate valuation of power transactions
- Work closely with Wholesale Trading and Portfolio Management to develop hedging strategies
- Provide analytical support to Retail pricing and to the Corporate Support team in relation to M&A and other corporate commercial activities
- Build, maintain, and improve tools and systems that enhance analytical capabilities and risk management.
- Incorporate probabilistic techniques, such as Monte Carlo simulation, within an analysis to quantify uncertainty and risk factors.
- Communicate complex results to a variety of audiences including senior management.
- Master degree in quantitative field
- Strong modeling and programming skills (Matlab, Python)
- Knowledge in stochastic calculus and derivatives valuation
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- PhD - 2 years of experiences in financial or energy industry