At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 150 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
Join Exelon Power, and you will be a part of the team responsible for managing, operating, and maintaining the company
s fossil (natural gas, oil and coal), renewable (wind and solar), and hydroelectric fleet of power generating assets. With locations in Pennsylvania, Maryland, Texas, California, Iowa, and Massachusetts, our diverse generating portfolio enables the company to be competitive in the deregulated power market.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
The position is within the Maintenance Department in EIS (Exelon Industrial Services) division and is responsible for performing all general mechanical maintenance on power plant equipment and must possess journeyman millwright skills.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
1. Adheres to the conduct of maintenance and established maintenance standards and practices.
2. Provide technical support to plant operations, maintenance staff and engineering.
3. Verify/hold clearance orders. Perform alignment on all pumps. Perform fitting and welding tasks. Perform maintenance and repair work on plant equipment such as pumps, gearboxes, fans, turbines, bearings, boilers, pipe systems, valves and limitorque operators (disassembly, part repair or replacement, assembly).
4. Perform rigging using tools such as fork trucks, cranes and chain blocks.
5. Perform verification checks on maintenance items covered in maintenance technician training. Perform insulation installation and removal.
6. Plan work package planning when assigned. Perform assigned tasks in a safe and efficient manner at the direction of Maintenance Management.
7. Interpret and understand power plant prints.
1. Associates Degree in Power Plant Technology, Engineering Technology, or Electronics OR HS Diploma with minimum of 18 months of trade or technical training in Power Plant Technology
2. Successfully complete the training requirements and time in job requirements for the position including previously passing the MASS test
3. Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds
4. Basic computer skills
5. Travel may be required
6. Ability to work in a power plant environment that includes climbing and walking long distances
7. Good oral and written communication skills
8.Ability to work on cross-functional teams on major projects.
The incumbent in this position must be able to communicate across all levels of the organization.
The preceding position description is intended to provide the general nature and level of work to be performed by employees within this classification. It is not intended to be a detailed description of the position or a comprehensive listing of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position, nor is it intended to indicate the exact amounts of time an individual will perform various position duties.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor