At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 150 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
TEMPORARY ELECTRICAL MAINTENANCE "B" - NUCLEAR
Regularly and customarily performs the less complex nuclear station electrical construction and maintenance work within the station and associated substation. This includes assisting "A" Technicians with the following together with other related and incidental work:
1. Maintains, repairs and tests motors, generators, all types of motorgenerator sets, rectifiers, batteries, transformers, regulators, reactors, circuit breakers, disconnecting switches, lighting equipment, lightning arrestors, dead or energized conductors and other allied equipment.
2. Installs, adjusts, maintains, troubleshoots and repairs control relays and other control apparatus associated with station service, generation and power feeder circuits to various instruments, panels, motors, etc.
3. May be required to prepare wiring and elementary diagrams for special test circuitry as directed.
4. Maintains emergency alarms, security and in-plant fixed communication systems.
5. Performs routine clerical work including station log and/or field and time reports, material requisitions, etc.
The chief difference between Electrical Maintenance "A" Nuclear and Electrical Maintenance "B"-Nuclear is that the Electrical Maintenance "B"-Nuc1ear has less experience, independently performs assignments of a lesser degree and must give satisfactory evidence of adaption to and progression in this type of work.
When work within this job classification is temporarily interrupted or delayed, employee may be assigned to other work within the same occupational group. In emergency conditions, may be assigned other work which employee may reasonably be expected to perform with safety to self and others.
Qualifications and Job Requirements :
Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent and possess one of the following education or experience levels for the specific maintenance discipline:
A. Junior college or trade school training.
B. Military experience, preferably Navy Nuclear, at the E-5 level.
C. ANSI/ANS 3.2 - Journeyman Trades.
D. Other comparable education / experience as determined by the hiring site, human resources and corporate training.
1. Must demonstrate a working knowledge of solid state electronics.
2. Should be able to perform semi-routine operations of considerable complexity and variety under directive supervision.
3. Must possess a high degree of analytical ability and judgment and have understanding of technical problems.
4. Intra-company contacts occasional on routine matters.
5. Responsibility for plant and service moderate.
6. Must be familiar with the Company's safety rules applicable to this and related jobs.
7. Must be thoroughly familiar with the Company's electrical and mechanical tagging rules.
8. Must be thoroughly familiar with the radiation protection procedures the nuclear generating station.
9. Must be able to qualify and maintain qualifications to serve on station fire brigade.
10. Must be willing and able to work on a shift schedule.
11. Must be able to pass a medical exam and wear a respirator.
12. Must be successful in satisfying entrance exam (MASS) as applicable.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster