PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Associate Business Development Manager (BDM) - Regional Gas position assists on delivering Constellation's go to market strategy. The position primarily focuses on acquiring new business for our natural gas division utilizing Constellation's various products and services. The primary performance objectives are to meet or exceed their assigned new business origination and renewal quota. The BDM conducts such duties as prospecting, meeting with customers, generating proposals, following up on marketing campaigns. The position will work closely with Account Managers and interact with other internal functional groups such as Operations, Supply, Sales Support, Legal/Contracts, Billing/Collections, and Commodities Management Group.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Acquire new business for Constellation's natural gas division utilizing Constellation's products and services to meet or exceed assigned quota and renewal quota.
- Working with Account Managers support Customer renewals efforts to meet or exceed renewal goals for originated customers.
- Manage and build strong professional and customer an internal relationships. Carry out sales related tasks such as prospecting, generating proposals and supporting market campaigns.
- B.S. degree in Business, Finance, Marketing, Engineering/Technical or other related area from an accredited four year university
-2 years of experience in consultative sales in industries such as financial services, insurance services, real estate and energy services
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Strong interpersonal, presentation and negotiation skills and closing skills
- Strong analytical and technical skills and strategic thinking skills
- Strong skills in computer applications such a Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to apply analytical tools and systems
- Ability to manage priorities and deadlines
- Successful candidate must be willing to travel as needed to meet with customers and internal representatives