Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 150 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
Business Unit Overview
Join our Constellation team and become part of Exelon's competitive retail and wholesale energy business. Constellation is headquartered in Baltimore, with regional offices in Chicago, Houston, Kennett Square, Louisville, New York, and Omaha.
We develop energy management strategies that help customers buy, manage and consume energy. Our retail unit is among the largest and most comprehensive in the industry with approximately 1 million residential customers that rely on our commitment to innovation, dependability, transparency, and service. Our wholesale business serves utilities, municipalities and co-ops and features world-class risk management and energy trading capabilities.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Trader is responsible for working with a group of traders within a regional natural gas trading portfolio. This person will be required to perform technical and fundamental analysis that will be used to develop proprietary trading strategies. The Trader will be required to execute physically and financially settled transactions consistent with an defined overall portfolio strategy.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Within established delegations of authority, executes physically and financially settled transactions to meet the objectives of their commodity portfolios.
- Remains abreast of market developments, utilizing insights and research to develop a market view which supports transactional activity and is readily shared with the organization.
- Interacts with traders, analysts and schedulers to coordinate timing, pricing and scheduling of transactions.
- Reviews commodity, transportation and storage contracts in order to fully understand obligations and opportunities.
- Maintain external relationships with key suppliers, service providers and trade groups.
- Maintain internal relationships with wholesale trading, retail energy, and portfolio management.
Post-graduate degree in Engineering, Business or Economics
- Undergraduate degree in economics, finance, business administration or equivalent experience
- Needs to have a strong quantitative/programming background
- Prior trading experience in natural gas
- Working knowledge of fuel transportation & logistics
- Extensive knowledge of market trends, key players in the market and regulatory issues
- Ability to perform in a changing environment under stressful conditions
- Knowledge of risk management tools and energy derivatives
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including written and verbal
EEO and VEVRAA Statement
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor