At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 150 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Under general direction, focuses on ensures daily liquidity for Exelon's operating companies and is a key contributor to the development and implementation of new SOX-compliant policies and procedures requiring a comprehensive knowledge of cash management workings and SOX cash-related internal control requirements. Operates with appreciable latitude for un-reviewed actions or decisions. Is instrumental in the Group's success in determining daily cash requirements and performing short-term financing requirements leading to the maintenance of cash balances sufficient to meeting corporate requirements while maximizing the use of proceeds and ensuring compliance with internal controls.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
1. Maintain Treasury workstation and banking systems to generate daily cash position reports, interest payments and interest accruals for review and analysis; approval of electronic fund transfers and verification of interest payments.
2. Execute short-term borrowing transactions including obtaining and maintaining sufficient short-term financing authority with applicable regulatory bodies, arranging credit facilities, the issuance and recording of commercial paper and the issuance of letters of credit and the related reporting and payment of LC charges allocated to operating companies;
3. Ensures compliance with debt covenants, internal controls and procedures, leads SOX-compliance efforts, provides substantial input in the development of new cash-related business processes
4. Provide key contributions to project efforts to develop and utilize new technologies, including the selection of new banking partners and the updating of banking data residing in cash-related systems.
5. Perform analysis of the performance of cash management service providers including the analysis of bank fees; performs high-level compilations, preparation and analysis of various statistical and analytical data, budgets, reports, statements, studies or projects relating to the management of cash.
6. Coordinate cash forecasting in conjunction with operating companies
7. Recommend short-term investment guidelines, purchase and sale of short-term investments, including the sale of stock securities and monitor investment performance and compliance.
• Minimum 5 years of financial experience
• Undergraduate degree in Accounting, Finance or related degree
• MBA, CCM or relevant degree preferred
• Prior cash management experience preferred
• Strong communication skills: oral and presentations; communication will be with senior managers as well as cross functional (see purpose)
DISCLAIMER The preceding position description is intended to provide the general nature and level of work to be performed by employees within this classification. It is not intended to be a detailed description of the position or a comprehensive listing of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position, nor is it intended to indicate the exact amounts of time an individual will perform various position duties.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor EEO is the Law Poster: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm