I nstalls and modifies existing plumbing equipment. Installs and repairs residential and light commercial hot water heaters. Identifies and corrects problems in hot water boilers. Repairs and replaces well pumps, well tanks, faucets, toilets, domestic water lines and drain lines. Performs service on steam boilers. Performs control work on steam/hot water boilers. Installs and repairs residential and light commercial natural gas lines. Promotes the sale of all other services offered by our Company to customers.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Job Function):
Installs and modifies existing plumbing equipment according to installation instruction and all applicable county or city codes without supervision. Installs and repairs residential and commercial hot water heaters. Performs service repairs to steam/hot water boilers with no supervision. Performs control work on steam/hot water boilers with no supervision. Performs service repairs or replacement on well pumps, well tanks, faucets, toilets, domestic water lines and drain lines. Installs and repairs residential and light commercial natural gas lines. Identifies electrical, plumbing and safety problems that apply to the installation and takes necessary corrective action. Serves as trainer for other plumbers in the field. Performs advanced clerical duties necessary to complete requests for service.
1. Advanced knowledge and skills in residential plumbing services.
2. Advanced knowledge of local plumbing and gas codes.
3. Advanced knowledge of the tools and materials related to the plumbing service field.
Skills/Abilities: Must have advanced ability to read and comprehend blue prints / specifications / schematics.
2. Advanced skills in the servicing of hot water and steam boilers.
3. Advanced ability in the usage of sewer cleaning machines.
4. Advanced customer relations skills.
5. Advanced ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing. Advanced skills in the sales of services offered by our Company.
1. Maryland State Plumbers Journeyman's license
2. Must have a minimum of two (2) years residential service experience at the Journeyman level
3. Must be proficient at the Journeyman level
4. Must be proficient at hot water boiler and steam boilers
5. Must be proficient in control wiring for hot water and steam boilers
6. Must be proficient in the installation and sizing of gas piping
7. Must be proficient in the repair of residential water heaters and must have one (1) year experience in repair of commercial water heaters
1. Must have valid driver's license and ability to meet Company driving standards .
Other (Including physical requirements, working conditions, etc.):
1. Must be able to work weekends, holidays and overtime.
Disclaimer : May perform other duties as assigned.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor