This sales professional should have existing relationships with senior level decision makers with major corporations and/or with strategic channel partners within the US Solar industry.
This individual will be responsible for acquiring new business including the execution of Power Purchase Agreements, Solar Lease and/or Development Agreements with key customers throughout specified markets in the US.
Possesses a thorough knowledge and understanding of solar markets, technologies, RPS mandates, SREC markets and utility, public and private sector procurement contracting practices. Shares and expresses a sincere passion for developing renewable energy projects as a means to improve the environment. Maintains an entrepreneurial mindset to develop a major market in an evolving business environment.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Ability to identify, prospect and contact high-level decision makers in the Commercial and Industrial sector.
- Cultivate customer relationships with respective Fortune 500, C&I, Institutional and strategic channel partners within the US solar industry.
- Ability to understand and translate market rules for all products/programs that are offered to customers. Develop Solar PPA/Lease strategies for prospects, prepare presentations and close electricity sales transactions
- Understand customers business objectives, price risk tolerances and work with internal resources to develop energy hedging strategies that match the customer's needs
- Outstanding communication skills with the ability to speak in front of groups and C-Level executives and senior decision makers
A Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college in Engineering, Business Administration, Finance or a related discipline.
At least 4-5 years of experience in solar energy development and/or PPA sales with an emphasis on Business Development.
A minimum of 7 years' experience in solution sales and/or business development.
Business-to-business energy sales experience in electric and gas commodity, demand response, solar and energy efficiency products.
Experience and senior level contacts at businesses
Experience presenting and closing high-level Fortune 500 customers
Excellent organization and communication skills, the ability to multi-task and shift priorities as needed
Proficiency with MS Office Suite and experience using databases
Experience with Renewable energy related products and services
Knowledge of related markets and potential customers
Demonstrated successes in securing sales of complex sales transactions
Proficiency in making C-suite and industry conference presentations
Track record of developing and retaining long term business relationships
Aptitude to successfully perform contract negotiations and close sales
Demonstrated ability to qualify sales opportunities in line with business plan goals
Excellent computer, written and oral communication skills.
Excellent interpersonal skills.
Ability to work independently and manage multiple business opportunities over large geographic area.
Ability to work effectively in a diverse work group.
Demonstrated effective leadership skills.