At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 150 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
- Optimize the practices, policies, procedures and programs to operate the electric distribution system in a safe, reliable and efficient manner with the welfare of employees, customers, the public and shareholders in mind.
- Follow established operating practices and procedures as they relate to customer restoration, switching and operating for scheduled and emergent work. Manage real-time system alarm status and loading conditions. Perform system restoration during storms and emergency events.
- Perform the work of receiving, recording, routing, dispatching customer calls, information, orders, and emergency calls. Serve as the tagging authority by leading and directing the application of the safety tagging procedures. Execute line clearance orders by confirming and directing the placement of tags. Lead, direct and supervise associates in restoring customers and safely clearing and restoring equipment. Recognize and reinforce strong performers. Take appropriate administrative actions to address weak performers.
- Control and operate the 2. 4kV, 4kV, 13kV and 34kV distribution system. Span of control includes all devices connected to the distribution system typically beginning with the circuit breaker at the substation. Respond to all electrical service interruptions involving distribution equipment referenced above. Respond to electrical service interruptions up to and including Power Quality, Part Out and All Out categories at secondary voltages from 120/240V single phase up to 34kV three-phase circuits and lines. Perform electrical switching on a planned, emergent and emergency basis on the 2. 4kV, 4kV, 13kV and 34kV distribution system.
- Maintain system voltages as well as line and equipment loadings within acceptable limits.
- Maintain and apply a working knowledge of the Exelon Management Model for business controls and meet managements expectation for conducting effective business.
- Position may be required to work extended hours, including 24 x 7 coverage during storms or other energy delivery emergencies.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Follow established policies, procedures and guidelines on distribution system operations. Maintain the system integrity, reliability and security of the distribution system, including 2. 4kV, 4kV, 13kV and 34kV equipment in a safe, reliable and efficient manner.
- Gather and analyze system data to determine the feasibility of switching requests. Verify the safe and efficient operation of the electrical system.
- Compile switching routines within system loading and system configuration parameters and provide guidelines to ensure proper clearance for switching requests. Develop and provide emergency switching plans based on last contingencies
- Direct and supervise all electrical switching, placement of safety tags and testing activities on the system in a safe, reliable and efficient manner.
- Notify and direct appropriate personnel including but not limited to Operating, Construction, Customer and Contractor Personnel, as may be needed to take the necessary actions associated with outages, equipment failure, emergencies and various events on the distribution system.
- Maintain system voltages, line and equipment loadings within acceptable limits
- Keep supervisors informed of abnormal system conditions, major customer outages and equipment related problems
- Maintain current system status information on SCADA displays, operating maps and switching routines. Interface with mapping and monitor the accuracy of new maps issued for project diagram and other related work.
- Maintain operating log, interruption reports and associated records to accurately record system status and sequence of events.
- A minimum of one year experience as a Distribution System Dispatcher I
- Bachelors degree in Engineering or technical field and a minimum of 2 years of engineering job experience
- Associates degree in technical field AND a minimum of 4 years technical job experience
- High school diploma or equivalent AND a minimum of 6 years experience in electrical construction and maintenance
- Thorough understanding of the EED distribution system, the ability to recognize system configuration and loading issues, ability to formulate contingency plans and thorough knowledge and understanding of proper operating procedures obtained through successful completion of formal OCC training
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated analytical skills and judgment
- Demonstrated ability to respond to emergencies and manage stressful situations
- Ability to work shift work
- Candidate must receive a Recommended result on the System Operator / Power Dispatcher (SOPD) test to be eligible for consideration
- Bachelors Degree Electrical Engineering
- Associates Degree Electrical Engineering
- Functional control over various operating, construction, testing, customer and contractor groups in the performance of electrical switching, repair, testing and related work activities involving lines, transformers, and other equipment under the jurisdiction of the System Dispatcher. The different groups include Distribution System Operations Field Operations, Aerial and Underground Construction and Maintenance, Transmission and Substation, Gas Construction and Maintenance.
- The consequences of operating errors or improper system operation could cost the company millions of dollars in direct, indirect and intangible costs such as the loss of customer good will, damaged company equipment, damaged customer equipment and damage to the companys public image.
- Independent judgment is essential in making the real time decisions necessary to maintain the integrity, reliability and security of the Energy Delivery distribution system.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster