At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 150 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Leads and supports the development of key aspects of the transformation and continuous improvement program approach, methods and tools that will be utilized to drive and enable $300M of O & M cost reduction from across the enterprise and 3-5% of year over year of on-going productivity. ; As an expert in the area of continuous improvement and lean / six sigma methodologies, responsibilities also include the oversight and employment of the aforementioned methods and tools within various practice areas and business units to support and enable attainment of specified savings targets. ; All engagements with the practice/business areas are based on a highly collaborative approach with the focus of the transformation and continuous improvement office being an organization that understands the business areas needs and challenges and one that provides substantial value and support in enabling each business area to achieve its objectives. ; The masters will also be responsible for continuously improving the processes and overall program by capturing lessons learned, incorporating best practices and maturing transformation and continuous improvement to a point of an Exelon core competency.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Support and enable the development of the transformation and continuous improvement approach, methods and tools.
- Prepare instructions and facilitator notes to ensure effective launch and successful execution of the Program.
- While partnering closely with each business area, execute the Program and enable each business area to achieve its target savings and performance objectives.
- Continuously improve the Program to achieve a production state of process maturity and support the development of transformation and continuous improvement as an Exelon core competency.
- Bachelors degree with a related major (business, operations, engineering/technical)
- 10 years of progressive experience in leading projects, teams and/or initiatives in a technically and operationally complex business
- 7 years of successful leadership in executing continuous improvement/Lean/six sigma efforts and enabling efficiency, effectiveness and tangible financial benefit
- Hands-on and demonstrated experience with continuous improvement programs including employment of lean and/or six sigma tools and methodologies
- Demonstrated successful project management experience and acumen
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- Demonstrated experience with ensuring effective Change Management development and execution
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proven capability in developing and delivering PowerPoint presentations to various levels within an organization including executives
- Able to travel to Exelon locations. ; Estimate 30%
- Lean or Six Sigma certification
- Program management certification
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster