The Senior (or Principal) Retail Pricing Analyst will support Regional Power Pricing Desks and will be responsible for the following:
• Provide maintenance and support of Retail Power Pricing model/system.
• Investigate and troubleshoot pricing related issues.
• Technical support for pricing, forecasting and structuring solutions for retail transactions.
• Maintenance and development of analytical tools used in support of pricing electricity products.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Provide maintenance and architectural support of Retail Power Pricing system and associated Matlab model used to price electricity products across all markets served by Constellation
• Work with Pricing, Forecasting, Products, Portfolio Management, IT, and other stakeholders to develop, optimize, or enhance the Pricing system.
• Apply mathematical and/or statistical methods in support of model modifications.
• Provide quality assurance through system testing.
• Interface with Quantitative Analysis and Risk team to perform monthly model calibrations, as well as understand and communicate the related changes.
• Work with Regional Power Pricing teams to understand market changes that impact the Retail Power Pricing model and assist with Product enhancements.
• Develop and maintain documentation of pricing infrastructure, and serve as the point-of-contact for technical pricing issues.
• Clearly communicate model/system modifications to team members and affected client base.
• Monitor processes to identify issues and ensure efficiency and timeliness of pricing.
Analyze and improve electricity products based on sales success or customer requests.
• Bachelor degree required, Engineering, Business, Finance, Mathematics, Statistics or Economics
• 5-10 years' experience in an analytical environment or Technical background.
• Advanced knowledge and use of Matlab, C required. SQL Server experience preferred.
• Quantitative and Risk Assessment skills required. Experience with Monte Carlo simulations.
• Retail energy experience preferred
• Proficient in Microsoft office and VBA.
• Ability to work with people, manage projects and responsibilities.
• Ability to effectively build and maintain relationships with internal customers.
• Attention to detail.
• Ability to work with large amounts of data.
• Critical thinking and communications skills. Must build and communicate complex structures and processes to multiple stakeholders.