Pacific Gas and Electric Company, a subsidiary of PG&E Corporation (NYSE:PCG), is one of the largest combined natural gas and electric utilities in the United States. Based in San Francisco, with 20,000 employees, the company delivers some of the nation's cleanest energy to 15 million people in Northern and Central California.
Pacific Gas and Electric Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability status, medical condition, protected veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information or any other factor that is not related to the job.
The Customer Insights & Strategy (CIS) organization works with all parts of the company to instill
customer understanding into key business, product, and marketing decisions. We employ complex
and robust data sets to better understand our customers, their perspectives and needs and deliver
insights about how to better communicate and engage them with the right products, programs and
services. Our projects include energy efficiency, solar, demand response, dynamic pricing, electric
vehicles, green- house gas and other Smart Grid technologies.
The Customer Insights & Strategy organization supports senior management, product and program
management teams, sales and marketing teams, policy teams, as well as other organizations
The Principal position is the most senior individual contributor level. We are looking for an
experienced, knowledgeable, full time data analyst to spearhead customer data analytics related to
Marketing. In this role you will work with other teams to develop data driven solutions. It is the
perfect role for someone with intellectual curiosity and drive, strong analytical skills, and a strategic
approach to employing customer data to drive decisions. In this role, you will gain a comprehensive
view of PG&E's world-class energy services and solutions portfolio.
Minimum required skills:
• BA/BS degree in Marketing, Business, Computer Science or other related field
• 8 years of related work experience
• Master's degree preferred • Ability to see the big picture context and apply it to conducting detailed, rigorous analytical work
• Intellectual curiosity and desire to understand not just the 'what' but also the 'why' in the data
•Microsoft Excel - advanced skill manipulating data, complex formulas and graphing
• SQL - skilled with Oracle SQL extracting, analyzing, complex queries from various systems
• Strength in understanding, organizing, and maintaining data files
• Strong organizational skills, ability to effectively prioritize work, meet deadlines and work on
multiple tasks independently
• Excellent at developing and maintaining work relationships; demonstrated skill in achieving
cooperation from others in order to achieve a goal
• Mastery in identifying business problems, defining data analytics needs, evaluating options, and
deploying the best techniques to fit the questions
• Ability to lead large and complex projects involving stakeholders from across the company
• Proven ability to transform data analysis into compelling, actionable implications that influence
strategy and decisions
• Expertise in presenting findings, making recommendations, and influencing stakeholders across
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, and the ability to organize complex information in
a meaningful way
• Passionate about communicating the story and implications from the data; proficient at delivering
clear, understandable oral presentations to senior management and organization groups
• Desire to deploy sophisticated customer data analytics to inform marketing decisions, activity,
• SAS - data analysis using SAS queries primarily for data manipulation (extracting, merging,
• Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau
• Past experience with Marketing Analytics, including web analytics, marketing and campaign
effectiveness measurement, and marketing attribution highly desired.
• Familiarity with utilities, operations, energy efficiency and demand side management concepts
• Develop a clear understanding of internal partners' business issues and true needs, and guide
them to best and appropriate solution(s). Use strong consulting skills to probe for what business
decisions are being made from the data, and guide customer to best solution.
• Establish yourself as a trusted and valued business partner within and outside of the marketing department.
• Perform data analysis to provide a clear picture, and deliver it in a compelling way to influence
business decisions and actions.
• Manage and use data from various sources for our marketing database
• Perform data analysis for ad hoc reports, statistics, lists and graphing to support the analytics
teams, Customer Research, Marketing, project managers and business partners.
• Create automated routines and processes for reporting and delivery.
• Develop expertise with customer energy use, billing, demographic and similar data
• Develop expertise with time of use rates, peak demand, energy programs and policy
• Provide data management support for PG&E programs like SmartRate, SmartAC and Demand
Response and Peak-Day-Pricing