Based in San Francisco, Pacific Gas and Electric Company, a subsidiary of PG&E Corporation (NYSE:PCG), is one of the largest combined natural gas and electric utilities in the United States. And we deliver some of the nation's cleanest energy to our customers in Northern and Central California. For PG&E, "Together, Building a Better California" is not just a slogan. It's the very core of our mission and the scale by which we measure our success. We know that the nearly 16 million people who do business with our company count on our more than 24,000 employees for far more than the delivery of utility services. They, along with every citizen of the state we call home, also expect PG&E to help improve their quality of life, the economic vitality of their communities, and the prospect for a better future fueled by clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy.
Pacific Gas and Electric Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability status, medical condition, protected veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information or any other factor that is not related to the job.
The men and women of Electric Operations ensure the delivery of safe and reliable electric service to our customers. Electric Operations is responsible for every aspect of PG&E's electric distribution and transmission operations, including planning, engineering, maintenance and construction, asset management, business planning, restoration and emergency response.
The Risk Analyst is responsible for supporting an effective and efficient safety risk management program for an assigned operations line of business. The position develops and implements a risk management framework, consults across the line of business to analyze risks and develop mitigation plans. Develops and maintains an asset risk register, coordinating with the various asset family owners across the line of business, to track operational and enterprise risks and the execution and effectiveness of risk mitigation activities. Serves as a liaison with the enterprise risk management function, ensuring alignment and common understanding of risks. Prepares reporting and analysis for the line of business and the enterprise. Responds to GRC and other regulatory data requests, including the supporting analysis.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
• Ten years of experience in risk management, utility operations, and/or related field
• Master's degree
• Engineering degree
• Certification in risk management, quality engineering, or safety engineering
• Extensive knowledge of risk analysis and assessment
• Knowledge of gas and/or electric operations business
• Strong communication skills for all levels of organization, both verbal and in writing
• Project management skills
• Ability to work across multiple functions and build strong working relationships
• Ability to facilitate decision-making
• Ability to synthesize complex issues into easy to- understand concepts
• Ability to influence varying levels of leadership and collaborate with cross-functional teams.
• Ability to manage multiple competing priorities to completion.
• Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information.
• Ability to engage appropriate SMEs in problem solving teams
• Ability to multi-task and meet critical deadlines while delivering high quality work products
• Serves as a subject matter expert (SME) for operational / business risk strategy within assigned line of business. Leads risk assessment efforts across line of business in accordance with PG&E standard practice
• May own risk register or collaborate with leadership on its development and maintenance. Oversees coordination of updates working with asset family stakeholders and risk champions
• Provides process support, advice, and recommendations to ensure effective risk management within the business
• Works with line of business clients to develop, implement, and monitor appropriate risk mitigation activities and controls
• Recognizes and communicates internal and external developments that may impact risks
• Leverages risk information to understand and challenge business decisions
• Supports development of best practices in risk management across line of business
• Develops and coordinates the preparation of presentation materials for various levels of management, including executives
• Coaches less experienced risk analysts
• Participates in established risk management forums at the enterprise level